Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Award vs. Revenue Ticket for unsecured AB-AB connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

A friend of mine decided she'd like to fly on AB with me from JFK-DUS-VIE, but (I should've supervised) purchased only the JFK-DUS leg, figuring she'd 'add-on' the DUS-VIE leg later. now she'll have an unsecured connection in DUS with a window of 2 hrs. should be fine but...

in the event of a problem, would she receive more or less sympathy if her 2nd flight was (also) a revenue ticket from AB itself vs. an Avios award booking? or does it not make a difference?

she has lots of Avios, and award space is open, so that would be the natural choice. but cash price for DUS-VIE is very reasonable, and if that would have a greater chance of persuading an AB gate agent to treat her connection as guaranteed (as opposed to saying "you've got to buy a new 2nd leg ticket" if we miss our planned 2nd leg flight), i'd tell her to go the cash route. any thoughts?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am doing the same. I just booked TXL-JFK with avios and buying a revenue ticket GOT-TXL. I am planing to tell the agent to interline both tickets and check a bag all through JFK.

Last year I had a revenue ticket CUR-DUS and avios ticket DUS-LPA. The curacao leg was delayed 24 hours and "missed" the leg to Las Palmas, but upon arrival in DUS Air Berlin had already arranged a new ticket without even notifying them ahead of time! Air berlin is fantastic to deal with.

Last edited by DreamTrip; Apr 2, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.