Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Lost luggage - can I file Property Irregularity Report (PIR) from home?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

this Wednesday I travelled with my girlfriend on late night AB/HG flight MXP-VIE. Due to flight computer restart, our flight was delayed 30 min. on arrival and as I had an early morning meeting scheduled, we needed to catch the last bus home. We had just enough time to wait for checked luggage to show up on the carousel though ours did not make it to Vienna. As the bus was about to leave I did not have enough time to fill in the Property Irregularity Report (PIR) form in the arrival hall.

Since Thursday morning I have contacted any telephone number and e-mail address imaginable, but to no avail. Not a single person at VIE bothered to pick up the phone or reply to my e-mails.

Could anyone recommend a person working at VIE for Austroport/Celebi who could help me with this ordeal?

Is there any chance to have Property Irregularity Report filed online or over the phone? I live 500+ kms away from Vienna and there is no realistic chance I could be at the airport any soon to attend to this matter personally.

In this situation full of frustration, I'd be more than thankful for any suggestions.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
IME, I've had to do so at the airport. Have you contacted the airline (online or via central phone #) or just tried the staff at VIE?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think you first need to get in touch with the airline's lost luggage desk and go from there. I would do this asap.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:43 am

Montreal Convention, Article 31, Section 2

In the case of delay, the complaint must be made at the latest within twenty-one days from the date on which the baggage or cargo have been placed at his or her disposal.
Montreal Convention, Article 31, Section 3

Every complaint must be made in writing and given or dispatched within the times aforesaid.
You can notify them by any written means of the baggage delay and it will be valid as a claim. The benefit of filing a PIR at the airport is that the details can be placed in WorldTracer and the speed/likelihood of recovery is stronger.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
It looks like this question has been answered, but in case others have additional assistance, the thread has been moved to the more appropriate TravelBuzz forum.

Hopefully, OP will check back and let us know the outcome.

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:04 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I believe that the OP will benefit from the move from this Forum to the Air Berlin Forum.
Please continue to follow this discussion in the Air Berlin Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.