Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at DUS airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by erv187
I read through this thread and others, and I couldn't discern a definite answer to these questions.

1)
I'll be flying CUN-DUS in AB business class, then DUS-VIE in AB economy (there is no business class cabin on the DUS-VIE flight). Will I be able to access a lounge at DUS since I flew in on business class?

2)
I'm also an Admiral's Club member, I know that technically I'm not supposed to get AB lounge access (at least not on account of my Admiral's Club membership) unless I'll be departing on an American-operated flight. Has anyone tried using their Admiral's Club membership to get into an AB lounge when flying on AB? I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd see if anyone has attempted it.

Thanks a bunch!

P.S. I'm really excited to try the new business class product!
AB lounge is a very basic lounge. Thought it does have free wifi after registration. Not sure if you have access to it since you are flying Y. If you do, keep in mind that you have to allocate time to clear immigration and security checks before you can get to the DUS-VIE gate (pier B). Which is different than the one the lounge is located in (pier C)

AAdmirals Club does not give you access. You will most likely be denied access. All my dealing with AB have shown they are very inflexible and follow the rules to the letter.

AB new J have mixed reviews when compared to other airlines.

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/08/airb...velers-beware/

I concur the seat is inferior to other lay flat competitors.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I didn't find the new C-class sooo bad But I am round about 6' - so it did work for me. I think they heavily improved compared to their old C-class services a couple of years ago.

But I agree - the lounge is pretty basic. With OW-status, I would rather propose to use the lounge in Terminal B (Updated Hugo Junkers Lounge) which is available for BA and AB flights.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:16 pm

Thanks for the responses and the insight about the lounge! Looks like it won't be the end of the world if we can't get in.

I agree that AB business is by no means one of the top products out there, but I'm still looking forward to trying it out, especially since I'm less than 6 ft tall. And my mother, whom I'm taking on this trip, is 5 ft 3 inches, so she should have oodles of room. It will be her first experience in a premium cabin (which I'm keeping as a surprise for her)!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:21 pm

You should have access to Hugo Junckers lounge because of lifetime PLT status, even if you were in Y all the way. Your incoming J ticket should also give you lounge access. Probably not in the AB lounge (as access is restricted to departures), but definitely in the Hugo Junckers lounge (B terminal). HJ lounge should have a shower, which is a nice bonus after a TATL flight.

BTW: very nice of you upgrading your mother!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:41 am

Hugo Junkers Lounge

Some information about the Lounge:
http://www.loungeguide.net/AirportLo...62&tab=reviews
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:57 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
To bump this thread...

Does anyone know if any lounges for schengen flights? Flying DUS - MUC soon on Airberlin
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Lounges at DUS airport

Hugo Junkers
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Hugo Junkers
I thought this lounge was past passport control?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:34 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Originally Posted by Steve_19
I thought this lounge was past passport control?
Nope, it's right after security control at the B gates. Just go up one floor. Non-schengen is the AB lounge at the C gates.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by txl
Nope, it's right after security control at the B gates. Just go up one floor. Non-schengen is the AB lounge at the C gates.
Found it - thanks
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:26 am

hi,

we'll be flying with AB in February from DUS to CUN and I'd like to ask you 2 questions regarding Hugo Junkers Lounge (we'll get there with Priority Pass card):

1) do I understand correctly that this lounge is located in the same terminal, as the one, from which AB departs to CUN?

2) is this possible to have a breakfast in this lounge quite early in te morning? Our flight is at 8.50 a.m., so I guess we'll be in the lounge at approx. 7.00 a.m. Do you think, we'll find any warm food there at this time?

Best regards, Bartek
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Originally Posted by tropikey
hi,

we'll be flying with AB in February from DUS to CUN and I'd like to ask you 2 questions regarding Hugo Junkers Lounge (we'll get there with Priority Pass card):

1) do I understand correctly that this lounge is located in the same terminal, as the one, from which AB departs to CUN?

2) is this possible to have a breakfast in this lounge quite early in te morning? Our flight is at 8.50 a.m., so I guess we'll be in the lounge at approx. 7.00 a.m. Do you think, we'll find any warm food there at this time?

Best regards, Bartek
1) I believe CUN flights leave from terminal C while Hugo Junkers Lounge is in B. There is a walkway between B and A airside (so no need to clear security again) and I think there should be one to C too.

2) I was at that lounge at 7am yesterday and didn't notice any warm food. Having said that, I've been there at other times and I'm not sure they have warm food even at lunch or supper time...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:55 am

thanks for quick reply...
According to http://www.airberlin.com/en-US/airport-dusseldorf, AB's check-in is in terminal B, although according to https://www.dus.com/de-de/services/l...-berlin-lounge, AB's lounge is in terminal C (therefore, it seems that AB's departure gates are also in C). This is quite strange, that AB's check-in desks and its lounge (and gates) are in different terminals. Anyway, if only there's possibility to walk between B and C without security check, I think we'll visit Hugo Junkers lounge, as it seems to be better than AB's Lounge.

Last edited by tropikey; Oct 11, 2015 at 9:08 am
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
You can walk airside backwards and forwards in the Schengen area at DUS. I was in the Hugo Junkers Lounge on Friday and then walked to the A gates for my BA flight.

When there have been queues at the security checks at B before I have been down to the C gates and walked back airside to the HJ lounge twice so far this year.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:46 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Hugo Junkers offers warm food, although not much and not in the morning.
Walking distance from HJ lounge to Terminal C is approx. 10 minutes, you need to take passport control into account. As was mentioned above, no security between B and C.
I found HJ lounge and ABīs lounge in Terminal C of equal quality. Even the food seems to be from the same provider. HJ lounge scores additional points for the nice apron-view. AB lounge is closer to your departure gate.

You will see that Terminal B and C are basically under the same roof. Terminal B is used for ABīs Schengen flights, which are the majority of ABīs flights, and Terminal C is for intercontinental flights and non-Schengen flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.