Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at DUS airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: LH M&M, HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Had to spend a few hours at the LH SEN lounge prior to a Schengen flight yesterday (DUS-WAW).

I find the lounge all right to kill 1-2h, but the LH BIZ lounge is located on the other side of the airport building with direct views of the apron (as opposed to some scaffolding, which is what you can see from the LH SEN lounge). This makes the entire BIZ lounge seem much lighter & brighter than the SEN lounge. When back in DUS in 10 days, I'll for sure use the BIZ lounge as opposed to the SEN lounge.

For food, I recommend - as I did yesterday - to have sushi in the public area of the airport at Kikaku, and then go through security check, then the lounge.

My 2 cents.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold
Originally Posted by maroc007
Hugo Junkers Lounge is a decent lounge, was there about a week ago.
AA uses Air Berlin lounge as of 7/15
Good enough for a quick snack / coffee ( WMF machine : Kaffee +Espresso in a larger cup is pretty tasty )
After 3 weeks in Germany, being able to ' pee ' without paying is pretty good..!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exaachener
AA uses Air Berlin lounge as of 7/15
Good enough for a quick snack / coffee ( WMF machine : Kaffee +Espresso in a larger cup is pretty tasty )
After 3 weeks in Germany, being able to ' pee ' without paying is pretty good..!
AA have always used the AB lounge because Hugo Junkers is located in Schengen while the AB lounge is not.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by exaachener

Bushes and trees do not charge any money for a little contribution to the nitrogen cycle.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Slightly OT.

Flying from LHR on BA to DUS and connecting to AB flight to US. I believe BA comes into B gates. Is passport control required? I believe so unless there's some connector between B and C that I'm not aware of.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Slightly OT.

Flying from LHR on BA to DUS and connecting to AB flight to US. I believe BA comes into B gates. Is passport control required? I believe so unless there's some connector between B and C that I'm not aware of.
AFAIK, DUS introduced an airside bridge-connector between Terminal B and C, but I'm not sure whether its in the Schengen or Non-Schengen area.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by Frederik123
AFAIK, DUS introduced an airside bridge-connector between Terminal B and C, but I'm not sure whether its in the Schengen or Non-Schengen area.
That Airside bridge is sometimes closed. I wandered over from B to C airside, and had to go thru customs. Then when I wanted to walk back it was closed and I had to go all the way down thru baggage claim (exiting customs again) and then do the walk inside the baggage area and up the the A+B connection which then still requires going thru security. Managed to end up doing security check twice in one day at that airport without ever actually leaving what should be considered Airside.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Zaynab
Bumping thread because I may arrive on the new American flight to DUS from ORD in May, and at 7AM would like to take a shower before picking up my car. Will I have access to Hugo Junkers lounge (which has showers) on arrival (as it is in the departures area. Status: AA PLT; flying in J).
Other options?
what was your experience here? i'm doing this in about a month (same flight, etc).
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Was at the lounge yesterday and I saw a notice saying something like shower is no longer available. So for those who are thinking about taking a shower there you may want to check with the lounge before going there.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: AA PLT
Just in case anyone is curious, there is a sign on the front door of the lounge that says showers will be available in "early September".

(They're still not available.)
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:43 am

Showers in Hugo Juncker Lounge?

Any news on the state of the showers in the Hugo Juncker Lounge?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; SPG PLT-75; Avis First; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Zaynab
Any news on the state of the showers in the Hugo Juncker Lounge?
Don't know about that one. I was at the Air Berlin lounge in Terminal C. No showers. Barely any food. And a restroom that can service maybe 2 people max Good for a quick beer, a free copy of FT, and wi-fi (believe up to 2 hours).
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
there was no shower available back in late october
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
there was no shower available back in late october
I took a shower yesterday at the lounge and it was great.

Just ask the front desk girls for a towel, shampoo, bodywash, etc. and she will oblige.

Fantastic shower. Beats anything I've recently used.

P.S. They will ask for your ID or passport so you don't steal their towels.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:48 pm

Arriving in J, departing in Y? Also, Admirals Club access?

I read through this thread and others, and I couldn't discern a definite answer to these questions.

1)
I'll be flying CUN-DUS in AB business class, then DUS-VIE in AB economy (there is no business class cabin on the DUS-VIE flight). Will I be able to access a lounge at DUS since I flew in on business class?

2)
I'm also an Admiral's Club member, I know that technically I'm not supposed to get AB lounge access (at least not on account of my Admiral's Club membership) unless I'll be departing on an American-operated flight. Has anyone tried using their Admiral's Club membership to get into an AB lounge when flying on AB? I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd see if anyone has attempted it.

Thanks a bunch!

P.S. I'm really excited to try the new business class product!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.