Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at DUS airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:24 am

From the Miles & More thread it appears it is possible to go from one gate to the other via "connecting flights", and it appears staff understands the needs of arriving travellers to get a shower. If indeed I will fly via DUS I will report back if it worked to get into the HJ Lounge - thanks both of you for the replies.

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
DUS has showers at least in the SEN lounge (I only used them yesterday). The lounge is certainly behind immigration. I believe you should not follow the route to the exit but to connecting flights with the extra security screening taking you back from your US flight into the main terminal. Otherwise you will be out of the Terminal and might not get in without a new boarding pass.
Originally Posted by reiner
There are 2 shower rooms at DUS SEN Lounge. You still go to connection Flight and tell the staff You want to go to the SEN Lounge for a shower. I never had problems. Don't forget Your FIRST boarding pass Boston-FRA.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by maroc007
Hugo Junkers Lounge is a decent lounge, was there about a week ago.
I have a connecting flight coming up on AB DUS-TXL. I looked at the AB website and it mentioned this lounge. But it wasn't clear if OW Emerald members have access to this lounge when flying on AB, or if only AB's top elites have access to it. Anyone have a prior experience in this regard there?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Lounges at DUS airport

You have access if flying on AB and have OW Emerald/Sapphire status. The lounge is listed on the oneworld website.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
You have access if flying on AB and have OW Emerald/Sapphire status. The lounge is listed on the oneworld website.
But the OW website states that it is a 3rd party lounge, so I wonder if connecting to a German domestic AB flight (1 class plane) has access if one is OW emerald/saphire.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:16 pm
Original Member

Lounges at DUS airport

Each 3rd party lounge in the OW directory list the OW carrier(s) contracting lounge. If you are OW elite (other than Ruby) and flying that carrier, you have access. Domestic flight has no bearing.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I have a connecting flight coming up on AB DUS-TXL. I looked at the AB website and it mentioned this lounge. But it wasn't clear if OW Emerald members have access to this lounge when flying on AB, or if only AB's top elites have access to it. Anyone have a prior experience in this regard there?
I got access to a lounge as such OW elite at DUS when flying AB out of DUS on an intra-Schengen trip a few weeks ago. The area outside that lounge was under renovation and the door looked like it was behind a cut out in a boarded up area.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
I am little confused by this thread. I will be flying from JFK-DUS (AB) and onward from DUS-VIE (AB). Any idea which terminals/lounges I can use? OW Sapphire here flying in economy. Also have AMEX Plat.

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
I am little confused by this thread. I will be flying from JFK-DUS (AB) and onward from DUS-VIE (AB). Any idea which terminals/lounges I can use? OW Sapphire here flying in economy. Also have AMEX Plat.

Thanks
You are good for the Junkers Lounge in Pier B which will be very close to your departure gate
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:09 pm
Original Member

You can use Junkers due to OW Sapphire. AMEX Plat doesn't give you any access unless you Priority Pass.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
You can use Junkers due to OW Sapphire. AMEX Plat doesn't give you any access unless you Priority Pass.
Right, I Have priority pass...just wasn't sure which lounges I could access within the secured area/without going through immigration/passport control.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:55 am
Original Member

Lounges at DUS airport

Confused by your last post.

You are flying in from JFK. You will have to go thru both passport and security check at DUS.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:44 am

Confused by your last post.

You are flying in from JFK. You will have to go thru both passport and security check at DUS.
What about a trip JFK-DUS-TXL. Clear customs/immigration at DUS or TXL?
Any difference if carryon vs checked bag?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by headinclouds
What about a trip JFK-DUS-TXL. Clear customs/immigration at DUS or TXL?
Any difference if carryon vs checked bag?
Immigration check at first point of Schengen which would be DUS. Customs at final destination (TXL). Not much customs processing at all if you are have checked bag.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:55 pm

If I arrive in Dusseldorf from BCN at 11pm and have a morning flight is there a lounge open overnight that I could use (I am ow emerald and my continuing flight is business class) or do I need a hotel room? Is there a club carlson or hilton family hotel nearby?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Member

No lounge open overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.