Exclusive Waiting Area in Munich

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Exclusive Waiting Area in Munich

Here are some pictures that I took last week before our flight to Egypt:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1522726&type=1
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Nice to get some chilled beverages and soothing to read, but apart from that not as nice as the waiting areas at TXL or CGN, which are located on separate floors. Still nice though.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:21 pm
Suspended

There are no WC inside the waiting area in Munich and Düsseldorf.
Old May 11, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Here are some pictures that I took last week before our flight to Egypt:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1522726&type=1
How do you operate the gate?
Old May 11, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Rus925
How do you operate the gate?
You either swipe your TB card or scan your boarding pass.

AB really needs to step on their contractor's toes. I'm usually there monday mornings: No coffee cups, no magazines. Last week even the vending machine was broken...
Old May 15, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Platinum, 2.6M
it is, however, without a doubt the lamest lounge in the history of lounges

Originally Posted by MattHelm
You either swipe your TB card or scan your boarding pass.

AB really needs to step on their contractor's toes. I'm usually there monday mornings: No coffee cups, no magazines. Last week even the vending machine was broken...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Platinum, HH Silver, Hertz PC, National ExEl
Exclusive waiting area is NOT Lounge

Was flying today out of Munich on fly niki, which is a subsidiary of air berlin.

Boarding pass showed Emerald status. Scanning the boarding pass did not open the gate. There was a phone at the gate in case of issues, so I called.
After I insisted on the one world policy with reciprocal access to lounges, I was told:

"It is an exclusive waiting area, not a lounge, therefore only airberlin elites have access"

It did not occur to me to use the BA lounge, which should have given me access.

They are having the one world logo all over but treat partner airlines elites like crap.

What a bull....!!!! leaves a very bad taste.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, FB Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Artur

"It is an exclusive waiting area, not a lounge, therefore only airberlin elites have access"

They are having the one world logo all over but treat partner airlines elites like crap.

Either it's a disgrace that the agents are so badly trained, or it's a disgrace that the airline's policy is to stick two fingers up at OW Elites. Considering the benefits AB Gold/Platinums can now take advantage of at many other OW hubs, it's rather disappointing what we get from AB at theirs.

I've had no problems on the "sitting at the front of the plane" benefit and do manage to use Fast-Track security, but the lack of lounge facilities is something that OW should really be addressing with them. When I'm sitting in an AB hub airport for 1.5 hours with no lounge facilities (yet next to a LH Senator Lounge) it does make you think a bit about where loyalty should lie.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Originally Posted by BushwoodCountryClub
When I'm sitting in an AB hub airport for 1.5 hours with no lounge facilities (yet next to a LH Senator Lounge) it does make you think a bit about where loyalty should lie.
At least in MUC and DUS, LH is in a different terminal (DUS:TA, MUC: T2) and on a OW-Carrier you won't get in contact with LH lounges.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:39 pm

Regarding lounge access:

I will soon fly on AB from MUC-DUS-LAX in J (Y on the ex-MUC flight). In MUC will I have access to:

- Exclusive Waiting Area
- Atlantik Lounge
- both
- no access

Thanks for you imput.

Last edited by will2288; Jul 31, 2012 at 10:44 pm
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by will2288
Regarding lounge access:

I will soon fly on AB from MUC-DUS-LAX in J (Y on the ex-MUC flight). In MUC will I have access to:

- Exclusive Waiting Area
- Atlantik Lounge
- both
- no access

Thanks for you imput.
If you have status with AB, you will be able to access the EWA in Terminal 1A (which is where your MUC-DUS flight will depart). If not, you will be limited to the Atlantik Lounge in T1C.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MattHelm
If you have status with AB, you will be able to access the EWA in Terminal 1A (which is where your MUC-DUS flight will depart). If not, you will be limited to the Atlantik Lounge in T1C.
Thanks!

I wouldn't have thought they restrict access for business passengers, but thanks for the information.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by will2288
Thanks!

I wouldn't have thought they restrict access for business passengers, but thanks for the information.
You can also use the BA Lounge in T1B. Some Lounge dragons may not understand the rules, but you are entitled to do so.

Both lounges are quite a hassle because you have to clear security and passport control to enter T1B or T1C. Then you have to leave it and wander to T1A landside and clear security again. Not worth the hassle.

As Oneworld Saphire and Emerald you have no access to the "Exclusive Waiting Area" which I find ridiculous. Yes it is quite basic, but the location is convenient. Maybe we will see a change in the future!

I just asked the ladies at the ticketing desk. They are very helpful!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Both lounges are quite a hassle because you have to clear security and passport control to enter T1B or T1C. Then you have to leave it and wander to T1A landside and clear security again. Not worth the hassle.
I was under the impression that you coud transfer between A and C airside. I guess I have never needed to do it, so certainly don't know for sure.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Artur
Was flying today out of Munich on fly niki, which is a subsidiary of air berlin.

Boarding pass showed Emerald status. Scanning the boarding pass did not open the gate. There was a phone at the gate in case of issues, so I called.
After I insisted on the one world policy with reciprocal access to lounges, I was told:

Well, I managed to get in (BA Emerald). I walked up and held my boarding pass against the scanner and the gate opened. Now I'm sneering at those on the other side of the glass who have to pay for their soft drinks...

Living the dream!

Originally Posted by berlindave
it is, however, without a doubt the lamest lounge in the history of lounges
There can't be that many lounges with copies of Playboy on the newspaper rack?

Palmer

Last edited by Palmer; Jul 25, 2013 at 12:01 pm Reason: Added second quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.