Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Receving miles/tier from code share Etihad flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receving miles/tier from code share Etihad flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GF Black
Question Receving miles/tier from code share Etihad flights

hi there. I'm planning to travel from BAH through AUH to DUS. My big concern is as follows:

I'm planning to make my reservation through Air Berlin, even though the flights are code shared with Etihad. If I apply (for example) my Cathay Pacific Asia miles membership number as part of oneworld, will it be counted for??? And this strictly has to be done only through Air Berlin, right??
Also, right now there's a promo going on for double miles from Asia miles for flying with Air Berlin on all eligible flights which are on Air Berlin. My question is that will code share flights be counted towards that??
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
HI Lunardream,

you get only the miles for Air Berlin double no miles for Etihad on Asia Miles.

So give the AirBerlin TopBonus with the Flight of Etihad and when you go to check-in for the Air Berlin Flight change the Frequent Flyer Programm to Asia Miles for the AirBerlin Flight. Hope this helps.

Greetz,

Svenfly
Old May 9, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Honors Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Lufthansa FT
Flying Etihad using AB Topbonus Gold card

I just booked a codeshared flight, operated by Air Berlin, through the Etihad website. From Berlin to Abu Dhabi and return. Class E

Question is: On topbonus website it says, 100% distance miles for Class E Etihad. Now, will the Gold bonus (+40%) apply on these miles, as the flight is operated by Air Berlin, but I technically booked an Etihad flight? (see "Bedingungen / terms" for gold status bonus: "40% bonus only on Air Berlin or Niki operated flights")

Second question: Air Berlin awards double miles on flight with codeshare partners (or was it One World partners), does that apply only for flights booked on airberlin.com - or any flights where I use my topbonus number?

Thanks a lot in advance for an answer to these questions!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:36 am

1. You will get the Gold bonus if and only if the flight is operated by AB/HG, wherever you buy the tickets.

2. Double award miles rule works only for OW airlines
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: AB Topbonus
Originally Posted by enoughtoo
1. You will get the Gold bonus if and only if the flight is operated by AB/HG, wherever you buy the tickets.
not true... you will get gold bouns on all AB flights - even op. by another carrier.
so far it worked twice on EY op. flights.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Honors Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Lufthansa FT
But not if I booked the flight on the Etihad website, right?

Cause I booked on the Etihad website, provided Topbonus as my frequent flyer programme. Flight was "operated by Air Berlin", but I am still sailing under partner miles without gold bonus, right?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL GM
I booked EY flights on etihad.com and provided my AB Gold Number.
How can I see that EY recognizes me as AB Gold? It doesn't show online when managing my booking, nor can I chose any "preferred" seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.