Community
Wiki Posts
Search

topbonus card useless now?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
And we can only hope for a waiving of mileage expiry at the end of this year, so I don't end up losing my miles!
I have NO information but my gut says there could be a decent chance that EY matches status AND miles balance in the end. They may offer a 2:1 or 3:1 transfer ratio but something none the less and matching status is just a smart cheap way NOT to piss people off. As a non alliance member the only way status costs them anything is when that person flies with THEM!

Just my 2 cents
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I'm trying not to be too ignorant here so not too much in the way of roasting ... please --- my status match has been in limbo for a bit. I assume nothing will ever happen, however, after reading that there still are earning and redeeming opportunities, any chance the match goes through? (Various reasons for having topbonus status
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:22 pm

I''m wondering whether TB is still doing status matches (the respective web page is still available) and whether they would match my Finnair status. I recently lost status with TB (having stopped crediting flights with them a while ago) and would like to make use of IB's or BA's status match. Anyone been trying a status match with TB lately?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by geosch
I''m wondering whether TB is still doing status matches (the respective web page is still available) and whether they would match my Finnair status. I recently lost status with TB (having stopped crediting flights with them a while ago) and would like to make use of IB's or BA's status match. Anyone been trying a status match with TB lately?
The topbonus status match page "Terms & Conditions" tab states:

• A Status Match with another oneworld® airline is not possible.
Whether or not new status match requests are still being processed I do not know. I know that it took 2+ months for requests submitted at the end of August to be (successfully) processed.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I no longer see an expiry date on my Topbonus account. I hope it stays that way.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I no longer see an expiry date on my Topbonus account. I hope it stays that way.
TB is not useful at this point, unless EY opens up J redemption.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
While my topbonus Gold was supposed to expire by end of November and topbonus itself exit oneworld, de facto I have just used it in December on Cathay Pacific flights: an agent at check-in was able to add it (removed from online list, but worked at physical counter) and it showed up as oneworld Sapphire in my boarding passes. While I had lounge access etc flying J, I am sure I'd have it flying Y too. Actually I regretted I threw Avios in for J, since my main objective was lounge access.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And we can only hope for a waiving of mileage expiry at the end of this year, so I don't end up losing my miles!
Just to give some feedback about this, I have 40,000 miles that were supposed to expire on 31.12.17. They have just been extended to the end of March 2018, so that’s really good. I could have done with a lot more time, say 6 months, but it’s certainly better than nothing!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:47 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Can we still redeem our miles? Have about 27K just sitting there
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
I have been using mine very successfully to scrape ice off my windshield. Zero chance of being able to use the 145k miles as I had hoped so had to get creative.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
Strangely, I just received a new Platinum card valid thru 2019, even though, thanks to suspended accrual, I didn’t even qualify for gold for the next year. I realize the status is all but worthless anyway, but it’s curious that they spent the money to make a new card and send it. The card still has oneworld emerald on it and airberlin. Maybe they have something planned for 2019, and expect to offer some sort of actual benefits (not oneworld or airberlin, obviously). I just can’t think of any other reason why they’d send out new cards.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe you could keep it as a collectors item and sell it later on eBay? A friend of mine the other day opened her fridge door to take a bottle of wine out and I saw a red airberlin heart chocolate sitting on the shelf. She took me seriously when I told her that she could sell it eBay for a good price!

I have kept my airberlin business class menus. Some of them were very good (esp the JFK-DUS that I did) and I will miss the Sansibar concept along with the Mampe’s cocktail.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Today, AB randomly upgraded accounts from a family member and another friend from Classic to Silver.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:29 pm

Same here. It's a shame it's probably completely worthless. I'm wondering whether they'll send out the plastic card, too.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by geosch
Same here. It's a shame it's probably completely worthless. I'm wondering whether they'll send out the plastic card, too.
I just received a new card a month ago. What a waste of resource..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.