Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

premium economy vs business vs standard economy-flight attendant service/booking code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

premium economy vs business vs standard economy-flight attendant service/booking code

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I suspect the questions have been asked and answered numerous times on this forum, but I will ask it (again) nonetheless. I will not ask about the seat specifications - as that information is in the sticky thread.

In terms of the flight attendant service, what are the differences (in this case - for example between Honolulu and Auckland and between Auckland and Sydney) between the premium economy service, and the 2 other classes of service?

I would like to look at the fares (either by using the KVS tool, or the expertflyer tool). What the booking codes corresponding to premium economy class of service?

Thansk,
Old May 23, 2009, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
NZ booking code for Prem Econ is located in the Star Alliance thread sticky.
Old May 23, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
There is no PE on HNL-AKL or AKL-SYD flights which might pose a problem

Jeff
Old May 24, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
In terms of the flight attendant service, what are the differences (in this case - for example between Honolulu and Auckland and between Auckland and Sydney) between the premium economy service, and the 2 other classes of service?
HNL-AKL will have Econ and Bus Class, no Prem Econ or Bus Premiere.

HNL-AKL is serviced with a 767. I flew on the 767 in J to SYD from AKL this past Feb. It was a morning flight, so breakfast only was served, cabin was almost empty, service was excellent. I have flown all three cabin classes on NZ within the past coule of years, I have NEVER experienced anything but very good to excellent inflight service.
The NZ 767s are 2-2-2 in J, but for some reason they are so much roomier that AC's old 2-2-2 J cabin. Legroom is excellent, I'm 6'4", armrest is wide, seat is comfortable. Reclines almost as much as the AC 333 cradle seat.
Flying between AKL and SYD on NZ can involve several different aircraft, really need to check flights. Take the 767 over the 320 if you can.

I would like to look at the fares (either by using the KVS tool, or the expertflyer tool). What the booking codes corresponding to premium economy class of service?
This is the thread you want, it seems a little out of date.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...ervices-8.html
Old May 24, 2009, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Premium economy is sold only on longhaul routes operated by 777 and 747. On the few remaining shorthaul flights which use 777 and 747, the premium economy seats are used as space+ (ie economy service with better seating for *G, koru club and full Y passengers).
Old May 25, 2009, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by taupo

This is the thread you want, it seems a little out of date.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...ervices-8.html
I've just updated for you.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.