Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

A New Zealand not Air NZ q. please, re: gifts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:42 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB

Hoping someone where will know the answer or where I might find the answer.

We are staying w/ a friend in Auckland for a few days when we arrive and as a thank you I asked him if we could bring him anything from the US. He wants a Mac AirPort base station for I tunes. Which I am happy to bring.

Will there be any problem bringing in such a gift? It retails for about $100 here and will be new in a box.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:58 pm

If that's all you're bringing to leave behind then no - no problem.

NZ$700 general concession.

Enjoy your trip ...
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
You will be fine, NZ customs tend not to bother you. Unless you say your bring say 5 Airport Expresses, 2 MacBooks then they would most likely make you pay tax.

I was gonna say check out how much it would cost to buy one while you are here (In case currency made it cheaper) but they are now $228NZD ($126USD) now When i got mine last year it was $149NZD ($82USD).
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:46 pm

With all of the currency shifts this year, it seems a lot cheaper (for a spender of GBP) to buy apple stuff in Australia, claim back the GST and head for NZ. Certainly cheaper (for GBPers) than the US at present.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:18 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
yeah I got it for $90 USD.

So aside from the PITA of carrying it, it's worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.