Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Premium check-in and longe access at AKL int.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium check-in and longe access at AKL int.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Premium check-in and longe access at AKL int.

I will be flying NZ 175 to PER and a close friend is flying NZ 719 leaving 1 hour earlier to SYD. I am NZ*G, so can use the premium check-in and also I have registered a complimentary upgrade for that flight. Friend is status-less and flying discounted Y. We are both travelling to the airport together, and I would like to take him into the Air NZ lounge, which should not be a problem since I am technically allowed to take 1 guest into. The main question is, could he use the premium check-in with me so that I do not have to wait for him to go through the usual passport control/airport tax payment on the 1st floor whilst I clear passport control/airport tax payment in the premium check-in area?
Previously, friends or relatives travelling with me on the same flight (in Y but on different PNRs) were allowed to check-in with me but then we have pooled our luggage together.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:31 am

Programs: NZ KC/ NZ*G
I have done this a few times with my friend who is NZ*G, so it shouldn't be a problem to you. I hope this goes well.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 5:22 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If your friend is travelling on a different flight then in theory they should not use the premium check in facility. In practice if they turn up with you and it isn't excessively busy, then they'll probably be allowed to go through with you.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, we are on different flights but NZ 719 and NZ 175 leave within 1 hour of each other. I suppose I could use my airpoints to register a stand-by upgrade for him although with
C2 D0 Z0 J0
for an A320 operated flight, it is unlikely that the upgrade will clear. Flight will be in late Dec.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:21 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
It's never been a problem for me in the past when I've done it at AKL for intl and other airports for domestic. From their perspective you're entitled to a guest, whether it be on the same itinerary or not.

Never once had a comment or complaint from the agent.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks ajnz, but are you referring to checking in at the AKL premium check-in with guests on different itin. or entry into the lounge?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:25 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
AKL Premium check in.

Most recent example was me flying AKL-MEL on NZ7, while two friends were on AKL-NAN. NZ had no problems with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.