Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Queues for showers at LAX Koru Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Queues for showers at LAX Koru Lounge

I was wondering, is there generaly a wait time for showers at the LAX Koru Lounge? Same question for AKL Koru Lounge.

Last edited by swdke; Sep 22, 2007 at 8:09 am
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: QF WP, NZ G
Never had a problem at LAX or AKL (international).
From my experience at LAX, it is the time while LHR-LAX-AKL is in transit there can be a bit of a rush, but not always.
Never seen a queue after the new fitout of the lounge in LAX. Prior to the fitout I think there were only 2 showers, very small and in the main toilet region (this is the male, no idea about the female). Now, there is a separate shower area.

Good showers at both AKL and LAX, enjoy.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:09 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Never had to wait either, agree that getting a shower on a transit is tight, you have to clear immigration, customs and get back in through security, me and Kiwi Flyer did it on our 59.5 hour RTW in May, we ended up only having 15 minutes in the Lounge for a shower, but was well worth it. Will be doing it again on my next AKL-LAX-LHR, but I am going NZ to LAX, and them switching to United, not sure if the RCC at LAX has showers?

tht
Old Sep 23, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Never seen a queue for them, but I have only been through there twice lately!
Old Sep 23, 2007, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by tht
Never had to wait either ... me and Kiwi Flyer did it on our 59.5 hour RTW in May ... only having 15 minutes ... was well worth it...
Do you think you would have had to wait if you wanted one shower each?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sometimes have to wait for a shower at LAX, but mostly not in my experience.

For AKL domestic lounge, there is a stampede when the lounge first opens. Only 2 showers and there are dozens of connecting pax who just arrived from LAX/SFO/LHR/PER/etc almost all wanting to use the showers. If you are not one of the first into the lounge when it opens then could be in for a long wait. There is no queue system (unlike LH lounges in FRA where you write your name in the book and shower attendant will call when it is your turn), so the wait time is very hit and miss. At other times of the day I've never had to wait for a shower at AKL domestic - although admittedly I am often one of the first into the lounge when connecting from overseas (there may be queues after LHR-HKG-AKL arrives also).
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:04 am

Well, have a question about the LAX lounge but didn't want to start a new thread just for it, so I thought I'd tack it on to this one.

Was checking out the Air NZ site and it says that the LAX lounge only has a capacity of 80 people? I thought the renovation to the lounge had enlarged it (hard to believe that it was significantly less than 80 pre-expansion...) - is this outdated information or is capacity really 80?

With Virgin Atlantic Upper Class pax able to use the Air NZ lounge, and NZ1/5 leaving within the space of an hour, I'm guessing the odds of a NZ*E being able to get 3 guests in on a NZ1 departure are pretty slim...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:22 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I think 80 people is about right for the LAX lounge, Kiwi Flyer and others can correct me.

It IS very busy of an evening with the Virgin and Air NZ flights there at the same time
Old Sep 27, 2007, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

80 sounds about right. I've never had a problem bringing 1 guest into that lounge, but 3 could be a problem.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by tht
... not sure if the RCC at LAX has showers?
Showers in an RCC? Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah! I think you're thinking of some other brand of airline lounge. Some RCC's don't even have a toilet!

Checking loungeguide.net shows No Showers at LAX RCC:

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Lo...ed_Carpet_Club
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Oh yeah LAX RCC has no showers, no computers, horrid toilets, bad so called food, and you have to pay someone to get a drink. Just about the opposite of the NZ lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.