Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Domestic lead-in fares different in different directions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic lead-in fares different in different directions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Kicking our butt in sunshine hours? ... I'm sure you guys win occasionally ...
An inconvenient truth?

Nelson has retained its sunshine capital title for the ninth consecutive year.

The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research climate summary released on Thursday 11th Jan 2007 shows that the sun shone in Nelson for a total of 2580 hours in 2006, outshining perennial rival Blenheim, the second-sunniest place, by 52 hours. Motueka in fourth place with a total of 2493 hours of sunshine, behind Tauranga, which clocked up 2507 hours. Niwa scientist Jim Salinger said the least sunny place in the country was Mt Cook, which had about 1000 fewer hours of sunshine than Nelson, recording 1577 hours. Dr Salinger said it was a "reasonably sunny year". Nelson's 2006 total was nine hours ahead of 2005's total of 2571 hours, but well behind the national record of 2711 hours the city set in 1931.

Old Mar 5, 2007, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
You may have had a good run lately, but we're still ahead on average:
http://www.niwascience.co.nz/edu/res...e/sunshine.xls

To summarise - Blenheim's average annual sunshine hours 1971-2000: 2468.
Nelson's average over the same period: 2405

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.