Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Lounge at LHR

Hi,

I am flying J on NZ to HKG in the Autumn. Which business lounge will I be able to use in LHR?

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Assuming they are open at 9pm, you can with a *A J BP use the UA, SK/AC, or SQ lounge. Just show the BP and enter. You cannot use the lounges that are in other terminals (e.g. LH and BD) even though you may arrive into another terminal than 3.

The NZ lounge is officially the UA RCC, but given it has all the charm on an RCC and they cannot actually do anything there (eg change seats etc etc) I would use the SK or SQ lounges. Much nicer.

Just note, they will not call your flight in other lounges, but you have a watch or a cell phone with an alarm function so you should not have a problem remembering why you are at the airport.

Mark
Old Aug 4, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
SQ lounge and the London Lounge are both very good. Enjoy!
Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:40 am
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
SK lounge is best - nice and spacious. SQ lounge is remarkably small and the less said about the RCC the better....
Old Aug 4, 2006, 1:38 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I think NZ officially uses the UA RCC lounge, however anybody who flows regularily out of LHR T3 knows it's dreadful and by far the worst lounge at T3.

Your C BP and *G card give you access to all three *G lounges at T3.
Both the SAS and SQ lounges are open until 10 pm, and both are far better than the UA RCC.

I'm personally a great fan of the SQ Silverkris lounge, mostly because the food and drinks are much better than any of the other lounges, they even have hot food in the evening and a real bar with a bartender.
It's a bit smaller and more luxurious as well (typical SQ lounge design) and the staff have consistently been very friendly and helpful on all my visits.

The SAS lounge is nice as well, lots of features (free internet, library, cinema room, business centre, plenty of newspapers etc) but less to drink and eat.

When I have time I usually visit both lounges to get the best out of both...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.