Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Grab a Seat' - 1 Day only Sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Noticed the grab-a-seat to Norfolk Island while online an hour ago and forgot to post a heads up here. Only 1 seat left now .

Anyone been to Norfolk Island; is it a nice destination ?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 7:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The schedule has put me off visiting, only 1 flight a week.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by im-headed-west
Noticed the grab-a-seat to Norfolk Island while online an hour ago and forgot to post a heads up here. Only 1 seat left now .

Anyone been to Norfolk Island; is it a nice destination ?
Small quiet, not much to do unless you like deep sea fishing. I do not remember if they offered scuba. There was a beach.....

Last edited by Blackcloud; Oct 18, 2006 at 6:33 pm
Old Oct 18, 2006, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
CHC-RAR is in play. Was able to price Nov 12-18 for 287 NZ all-in or $185.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The schedule has put me off visiting, only 1 flight a week.
Twice a week I believe. Tut, tut Kiwi, you're slipping...
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

ah so it is - Sun & Wed.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Whatever happened to quality control?

Mistakes in the destinations (mismatch between label, map display and what you actually get when click on button), offers appearing then disappearing (no not because they'd sold out), etc.

Also, what is it with changing the times the offers appear? If you go to the trouble of educating people to look at a certain time then it should be consistent one day to the next, not have the case where some days they are loaded at midnight, others early am, others pm. Grrr.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
You won't earn Airpoints Dollars™ when travelling on a Smart Saver fare - that's the trade-off for getting such a great deal!

Fair enough for Air NZ.

What is the deal in practice if you enter a Star partner number into the bookings, or mail the boarding passes to the Star partners and request miles?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:45 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Entering a partner FFP # still won't accrue miles, since the fare is ineligible. No idea what happens when you send it in to the partner, presumably when they check with Air NZ, they still won't credit them.

Also, you may find a nice cheerful "Airpoints NIL" printed on your boarding pass.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by ajnz
Entering a partner FFP # still won't accrue miles, since the fare is ineligible. No idea what happens when you send it in to the partner, presumably when they check with Air NZ, they still won't credit them.

Also, you may find a nice cheerful "Airpoints NIL" printed on your boarding pass.
Correct. "Airpoints NIL" prints out no on non-mileage fares even if you have a non-NZ FFP # entered in the booking. Of course this only applies when you checked in with Air NZ.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA at least seems to be ruling out the cheapies:

Air New Zealand

A Star Alliance® member.

Earning miles

Air New Zealand serves over 51 destinations in 18 countries and is one of 14 globe-spanning members of the Star Alliance network. Simply present your Mileage Plus® number when making your reservations and you can earn:

Economy Class—100% of actual, paid miles*

Business Class—125% of actual, paid miles

First Class—150% of actual, paid miles

Your paid, qualifying miles on most published fares on Air New Zealand also count toward eligibility for Mileage Plus elite status.

* 0% accrual in L, G, S, and K class on Air New Zealand flights. This change is effective June 3, 2005.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:40 pm

accrual in L, G, S, and K class on Air New Zealand flights. This change is effective June 3, 2005[/B].[/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The Grab a Seats fares are booked in P - Most likely won't accrue on any FFP, but worth a try!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GingerNinja

accrual in L, G, S, and K class on Air New Zealand flights. This change is effective June 3, 2005[/B].[/I][/COLOR]
The Grab a Seats fares are booked in P - Most likely won't accrue on any FFP, but worth a try![/QUOTE]

Then if that is true for all these fares, you would have zero issues adding a United number into the booking and getting credits is my take.

Until United specifiy on their website a specific fare calss PRECLUDED (and as you can see they often do) they'll usually play ball, and assume the cusotmers can't read minds.

Getting UA to change something is like turning a battleship. It will happen down the track I am sure, but right now it is not.

Getting miles on these deals to Cook Is or Oz is no small piece of change either. And remember you only need 20,000 UA miles for a 7 hour, 767 RT NZ to Perth. (And Biz is only 30,000 RT!)

UA will honour this to the letter I think you'll find:

Economy Class—100% of actual, paid miles*

* 0% accrual in L, G, S, and K class on Air New Zealand flights. This change is effective June 3, 2005.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Then if that is true for all these fares, you would have zero issues adding a United number into the booking and getting credits is my take.
I know (based on a mixed itinerary that includes P and mileage earning sectors) they don't credit to at least one non-NZ partner FFP (as well as NZ airpoints of course). You may be lucky and get credit on Mileage Plus, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rob .. if the BP are mailed or faxed in to the USA, with a current UA web page printout, trust me you'll get it for any P sectors.

UA just does not nickel and dime about what to them is simply small change. UNTIL they adjust their web page of course.

I can't speak for other star partners, but UA are very liberal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.