Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

28% decrease in baggage allowance via USA - will it change your plans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

28% decrease in baggage allowance via USA - will it change your plans?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That may explain the extreme reluctance of american passengers to check any bags?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly
You are right, they would have a problem on the return, but I think they are relocating to NZ if I understood correctly, so there is no return.
Actually for this family's case there are several returns, but while they are relocating to NZ for an indeterminate length of time, they'll also be travelling between NZ and California several times a year. They won't have much baggage NZ->US but they will have heaps each time they fly US->NZ (by way of AU it looks like now).

Originally Posted by Sydfly
UA approach to allow *Gold the old limits is the way to go ^
Yep. So much for Air NZ being part of a "seamless" Star Alliance experience.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Actually it is a good thing that some things vary by airline within the alliance. I for one would not want to have to pay for Koru Club access, and even then pay still more for drinks. Just one example.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 2:33 am

Programs: NZGE.... and bronze on every other program
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Actually it is a good thing that some things vary by airline within the alliance. I for one would not want to have to pay for Koru Club access, and even then pay still more for drinks. Just one example.
Now be honest Kiwi Flyer, can you actually remember "paying" for Koru Club membership?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:51 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.