Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Koru Club Access at CHC (Domestic): Connecting from an International Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold

If I am connecting from a C-Class international flight can I use the Domestic Koru Lounge at Christchurch? I'm using two separate tickets -- will that matter or will I just be able to flash my C-Class boarding pass come what may.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:25 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
If it's on the same day, yes, it should be fine. In my experience they just ask to see your C class BP, and occasionally your onwards ticket.

Only time I had issues was when a Y to C upgrade went through, and the gate agent just wrote the new seat assignment on the boarding pass, instead of printing a new one. (Flight was delayed, and the LAX staff were pretty harried).

They looked the details up. No problems.

Oh, and I've also brought a guest in (several times) on this. Don't know if you're supposed to be able to though.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:10 am

sorry to bump an old thread. i'll be flying SFO-AKL on UA J and then a same day AKL-CHC in Y (all in one ticket). will I be admitted into the domestic koru club in AKL given that I came off of an international J flight or is it strictly *G/NZ J flights only (i have no status)?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I don't think you will get lounge access, sorry. It can't hurt to ask though.

Last edited by gratn; Dec 21, 2016 at 12:18 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You should receive same day access if a domestic connection is on the same PNR.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:10 pm

I have gained access to a domestic lounge when on an international flight before.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:38 pm

thanks for the responses! i guess it seems to be no problem but i'll will report back in a couple of months after I attempt this just want to have a shower and grab a bite to eat after a long flight!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
How about the reverse? For example, CHC-WLG-SIN on NZ single cabin economy connecting to SQ business, will access to the domestic lounge at CHC be granted? Both flights are on the same PNR and ticket. Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Quite some time ago I had an issue with a similar itinerary - with a return to Thailand from Wellington routing WLG-AKL-BKK. It was NZ Y WLG-AKL, then TG C to AKL-BKK. All one ticket, corporate travel agency issued (in BKK), no *G status held.

The Air NZ staff didn't recognise the C class baggage allowance ex-WLG, so I was required to pay excess baggage (company covered this). Hopefully situations such as this no longer occur...

I don't recall gaining lounge access either, but my experience is dated and others are probably able to provide up to date information.

Edited to add:
I found the following note on the AirNZAgent website, although your departure is on SQ and not NZ (?) and so may not be relevant
*Any traveler on an Air New Zealand operated international Business Class flight, will receive Air New Zealand domestic lounge access if the New Zealand connection is part of the same booking.
http://www.airnztravelagent.com/site...e%20Access.pdf

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 30, 2016 at 4:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.