Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by ps107
While they were photocopying my BP, a group of three turned up and one of them was on about being a Koru member and bringing in a guest. Didn't see them for a while after that so assumed they'd been turned away, but eventually they did appear. What's the story with Koru access there?
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/partner-lounge-directory

Koru get 1x Guest at all Partner Lounges.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
For those wanting to use Cathay lounges at HKG, AusBT did this review. Forget the Qantas and CX First Class lounges of course (for those flying on NZ), but the rest are all relevant:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/hong-kong-lo...c-and-oneworld

I rank the Bridge, the Wing, the Cabin and G16 in that order for those flying with NZ (but for those on CX in Business, the QF lounge rivals the Bridge).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: NZ*S, IHG D
News on Nadi Koru Lounge:

Nadi Airport is being refurbished and we are upgrading the Air New Zealand Lounge. From 11 February 2016, the current lounge will be closed so we can create this new space. The new improved lounge is expected to open later this year.
and
The Fiji Airways lounge will be available (on a space-available basis) to Elite/Gold members and one guest, and business class passengers. Koru/Elite partners will receive refreshment vouchers for themselves and one guest when checking in for a flight, to use in the new departures area after security. There will be no lounge access for Silver/eVoucher holders.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Updated regional lounge for IVC. (Amid general outrage, BHE still waiting...)

Air New Zealand reveals new Invercargill lounge
29 February 2016

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press...cargill-lounge

Air New Zealand has today opened the doors to its brand new lounge at Invercargill Airport.
The new lounge is situated at the north end of the new terminal and offers expansive views of the runway. The space features Air New Zealand’s signature sleek design and offers 35 percent more seating for customers than the previous space.

Air New Zealand General Manager Customer Experience Carrie Hurihanganui says the new lounge has been designed to meet the different needs of the airline’s customers.

“The new space has been designed with the modern traveller in mind – with three different styles of seating on offer, self-service food and drink zones as well as more than 40 power points for those wanting to plug in and get some work done.”

The airline has worked closely with Invercargill Airport throughout the development of the lounge to ensure it complements the new terminal and works well for passengers.

Air New Zealand is part way through a four year $100 million programme to redevelop its network of lounges. The new Invercargill lounge follows the opening of the airline’s new flagship Auckland International Lounge, Sydney International Lounge and Auckland Regional Lounge.

Further lounge developments are planned for a number of domestic and international ports over the next few years.

Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
mad_atta - there's hope yet in the last sentence
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
mad_atta - there's hope yet in the last sentence
Ha! I'm not holding my breath

BHE just underwent a fairly major (by its small standards) terminal expansion project, which more or less doubled the amount of space available. That would have been the obvious time to introduce a Koru lounge but no such luck. There is a fairly random 'conference room' upstairs which I can't imagine sees much use, so I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it might get converted at some point.

Now that it's overtaken ROT in traffic (which seems a bit surprising in itself), BHE is officially the busiest airport in NZ without a Koru Lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:49 am

In that photo it looks IVC has some more hope of having more than cheese and crackers and soup?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: NZ*S, IHG D
BNE lounge

According to ground staffer I spoke to today, the new BNE lounge will open "in a couple of weeks"
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by c3rn
According to ground staffer I spoke to today, the new BNE lounge will open "in a couple of weeks"
Hope that happens got an BNE-AKL coming up soon!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Air New Zealand reveals new Invercargill lounge
29 February 2016

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press...cargill-lounge
Honestly that's way better than what we have in TRG!!! And I'm glad I can see the seats I chose in a recent survey I think it's great for a regional lounge. Much better than the teency weency previous lounge.

Have a couple BNE departures coming up so hope I get to see the new lounge then.

Anyone have any opinions on the cocktails offered by NZ?? Are they "up to scratch?" I mainly have morning departures and have only tried one cocktail so far from Syd. I'm just toying with an idea.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Anyone have any opinions on the cocktails offered by NZ?? Are they "up to scratch?" I mainly have morning departures and have only tried one cocktail so far from Syd. I'm just toying with an idea.
I'm impartial to their "Kiwi Flyer" at AKL lounge...
Have also known to drink one too many...

Their Espresso-tini is also pretty good at SYD
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by c3rn
I was in there a week ago and was told the new lounge opens on the 16th....
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:02 pm

Looks like 16 March is confirmed for the BNE Lounge

Our new Brisbane International lounge is due to open 16 March 2016. This lounge is in a new location, once you have cleared Customs, and made your way through the duty-free area, make a right turn and head to the escalator between Gate 81 & 82. Travel up the escalator and our new lounge is on the left hand side where our team will be waiting to welcome you from 16 March 2016.
- http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/inter..._KITK_20160308
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Good timing. I booked a trip last night to BNE for May.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kamadan
I'm impartial to their "Kiwi Flyer" at AKL lounge...
Have also known to drink one too many...

Their Espresso-tini is also pretty good at SYD
I'm not a kiwi fruit fan but the drink does look nice! Unfortunately I'm not much of a coffee fan either. I have a late flight coming up so maybe I can sample some more of the menu then.

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Looks like 16 March is confirmed for the BNE Lounge

- http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/inter..._KITK_20160308
I hope that map is not to scale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.