Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Does the airline still use discretion when reviewing status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G

Just wondering.

Presently Silver and with upcoming travel will retain that easily and be within 20 or 30 points of Gold which a J trip to SIN will achieve and more, however that trip is 3 days after my review date.

What has recent experience been with the airline exercising discretion in such cases? I have benefited in the past from discretion being allowed when reviewing status (but that was well pre-Covid and Pre-Foran) and recent experience with the airline makes me anxious.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:09 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ottiehund
Just wondering.

Presently Silver and with upcoming travel will retain that easily and be within 20 or 30 points of Gold which a J trip to SIN will achieve and more, however that trip is 3 days after my review date.

What has recent experience been with the airline exercising discretion in such cases? I have benefited in the past from discretion being allowed when reviewing status (but that was well pre-Covid and Pre-Foran) and recent experience with the airline makes me anxious.
Your Silver membership renewal is based on a Review Date. Whereas upgrading to Gold is on a 12 month rolling period.

There is no harm in asking but I feel 20-30 Status Credits might be a too bigger gap to fill.
ottiehund likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:12 am

I didn't ask them specifically for help, but when I emailed to confirm my current status points cos my spreadsheet showed a different result, the person who responded to me said something along the lines of

"if you get within 20 points, contact us and we'll see if we can move you along"

So I guess it won't hurt to ask!
ottiehund and Ellice like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.