Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happened to my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024 | 2:27 am
Original Poster

What's happened to my flight?

I have a booking I have been monitoring periodically to keep an eye on how full the front is, to see how likely an upgrade is to clear, but today the flight is no longer bookable but is still there under manage my booking.

There has been no notification the flight has been cancelled, is there a way to check if this is a temporary blip or whether this flight has actually gone. If it is gone when will I be told & what will my options be? Am I best to front foot it to get ahead of any re-booking required for the whole flight?

The flight is to Bali in the school holidays in April.

Edit: whatsapp agent said flight is fully booked, seems fishy to me...

Last edited by drewchad; Mar 7, 2024 at 4:08 am Reason: update
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 2:37 am

I've found the first indication I get of a schedule change is the select a seat option disappears from the app, or if viewing booking on the website then it usually has a message to call.
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 5:09 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF, NZ, MH, Hilton
See if the return is still operating. That is unlikely to be full as well. That will tell you if the plane is going or not
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 10:15 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Why don't you believe the Air NZ CSR? It's school holidays and an incredibly popular destination.

You'd be able to tell on EF if it's full because there will be zero availability.
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Why don't you believe the Air NZ CSR? It's school holidays and an incredibly popular destination.

You'd be able to tell on EF if it's full because there will be zero availability.
If it was one flight, in-one direction, I wouldn't be concerned, it seems their daily flights are now completely sold-out, or un-bookable, in both directions on several dates in April, both in & out of the school holidays, roughly a week apart, e.g. 7, 15, 20.

Which seems too much of a coincidence to all sell out at once. I wonder if it's the opposite, not enough sales, so they've pulled some of the flights? There is still some pretty keen/discounted pricing all through the April holidays.
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reubee
See if the return is still operating. That is unlikely to be full as well. That will tell you if the plane is going or not
That's what got me most worried, & that it wasn't isolated to one day.

Last edited by drewchad; Mar 7, 2024 at 11:13 am Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.