Wiki Posts
Search

Last row (27) of Premium Economy 787

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Last row (27) of Premium Economy 787

Hey folks.
My sister has an upcoming PE flight to Vancouver and they've chosen row 27 window pair but its come to their attention that this may have restricted recline.
Does anyone have any experience if it's restricted much compared to the other rows?
At this stage the only other seats available for her and another family member are in the middle 3 seats.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
It does have reduced recline.
fine for a day flight, not so great for trans pacific flights overnight.
i wish Air NZ would proactively advise customers that of that. Cabin crew have told me it’s a common source of complaints. Basically economy recline. The pain is watching those in front making the most of their 8in of recline when you have 3in!!

it’s a third of the cabin on V1 787s it should be sold with a caveat or discount given many people flying across the pacific are paying for more comfort and sleep.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
This was discussed recently:

787 Premium Economy Recline
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:11 pm

Personally I just flew in 27K on NZ99 (NRT-AKL) which was a night flight.

I did notice the limited recline, but it did not stop me from getting a decent night sleep, similar to what I would get in another row of PE.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Platinum
Is it just the two pairs of seats near the windows? Or do the center triple also suffer (27D,E,F)?

Last edited by MrLovebucket; Feb 12, 2024 at 7:53 pm
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:53 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Ditto to akl_cat I flew same flight a couple of weeks ago.
I found it very limited compared to the next row forward we had on the flight over.
i thought about 1/2 the recline. My grumpiness about the limited recline maybe made it worse than it was. But it certainly felt a lot less.
i cannot speak to the middle seats.
akl_cat likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info all, with the flight in June and only 1 centre row still available I'll let me sister know to make a decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.