Wiki Posts
Search

Moving to Gold - Silver RU question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ *G,
Moving to Gold - Silver RU question

My partner will gain enough points for gold tomorrow , but still has her RU from Silver will se loose that tomorrow once gold is hit , or is there a little grace period before the silver RU is taken away - just not sure to book a flight tonight or middle of next week. Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:54 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
My interpretation is that the Silver RU will be forfeited and replaced with the two Gold RUs. If the Silver RU is used today, the two Gold RUs will still be applied to your partner's account when applied.

Other Gold benefits, like HVC seat selection etc will kick in when Gold Status benefits have been applied.

Last edited by HaaZe; Feb 9, 2024 at 11:55 pm Reason: additional clarity
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:43 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As its before the middle of the month the 11th Feb will become her new tier requalification date and 1st March will become her new tier anniversary.

She will have until the end Feb to lodge a silver RU before Gold status officially kicks in on the 1st March.
​​
Old Feb 10, 2024, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Mikeynz to amplify the post above, NZ has this slightly weird system where tier requalification date happens before the period of the status tier actually commences.

So, your partner will remain Silver until 01 Mar when the Gold benefits will be activated, despite some messages saying ‘congratulations on making Gold’. Can be a bit confusing.

In this example, your partner will be Gold for the period 01 Mar 2024 thru 28 Feb 2025; however they will need to meet the requalification requirements for Gold by 11 Feb 2025. It is the requalification date that shows on the app…
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
Originally Posted by sbiddle
As its before the middle of the month the 11th Feb will become her new tier requalification date and 1st March will become her new tier anniversary.

She will have until the end Feb to lodge a silver RU before Gold status officially kicks in on the 1st March.
​​
though if I remember correctly, the upgrade will remain and clear at silver rather than gold if lodged in advanced before the 2 x gold RUs drop right?

it's similar to how moving from gold > elite, if you lodge gold RUs before you tier up so they aren't lost they can't actually clear in advance like elite RUs right?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NZJuniorDoc
though if I remember correctly, the upgrade will remain and clear at silver rather than gold if lodged in advanced before the 2 x gold RUs drop right?

it's similar to how moving from gold > elite, if you lodge gold RUs before you tier up so they aren't lost they can't actually clear in advance like elite RUs right?
That is what my sister was told. But I have never heard of this before she mentioned this.

I have had a Silver RU clear 3 months in advance (Gold by then). I had earlier provided some sharp feedback about my frustration after 5x RU lodgements all failing (4 of these were gifted from another Elite), do maybe that was a manual intervention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.