Wiki Posts
Search

ANZ Credit Card Enquiry.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S, QFF, Accor Gold
Question ANZ Credit Card Enquiry.

So, I'm looking to get the ANZ Airpoints Visa Plat card, offering 50% SC on every flight. If I got the card now, would it start if I booked a flight or would it also apply to my previous flight? Never done before so curious about how it all works with Air NZ involved.

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:59 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by ZKNHB
So, I'm looking to get the ANZ Airpoints Visa Plat card, offering 50% SC on every flight. If I got the card now, would it start if I booked a flight or would it also apply to my previous flight? Never done before so curious about how it all works with Air NZ involved.

Thanks
As long as at the time your flight is credited you have the ANZ card, you will get the bonus. This also applies to any Star Alliance flights despite the wording in the T&C's.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Oh really? Good to know. Thank you!
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:10 pm

I had a few flights that were already booked when I got the card, they still got the bonus. and if it helps I haven't spent a single $ on this card yet lol.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Sounds great.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Sounds great.
Many hold the ANZ Plat Airpoints card just for the 50% SP earn, and use another card (eg AMEX Airpoints Plat) for actual spend, resulting in additional SPs.

There is no need to spend a dime on the ANZ card to earn these 50%bonus SPs - of course they are non-metal and one must actually fly NZ and some partner airlines to get the necessary metal SPs.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Many hold the ANZ Plat Airpoints card just for the 50% SP earn, and use another card (eg AMEX Airpoints Plat) for actual spend, resulting in additional SPs.

There is no need to spend a dime on the ANZ card to earn these 50%bonus SPs - of course they are non-metal and one must actually fly NZ and some partner airlines to get the necessary metal SPs.
Yep I only use my ANZ for the 50% (& a backup card)
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
ANZ had a balance transfer offer for 1.99% p.a. for 24 months. I transferred the maximum allowed and never put any charges on the card. Thought that was an extremely good use of the card.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: QFF
Silly question, but do purchases made overseas incur/accrue APD? I am missing a significant whack if so but need to either export to.csv or do up my own spreadsheet to work this out properly..
Old Feb 6, 2024, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Silly question, but do purchases made overseas incur/accrue APD? I am missing a significant whack if so but need to either export to.csv or do up my own spreadsheet to work this out properly..
Should do but can't speak for all the T&Cs on every card & of the card has max per month.

Pretty much always bill/X=APD
Old Feb 6, 2024, 5:45 am
JNZ

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Yes - I live overseas but only use this card for purchases and get full APD
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi again.

If I acquired the ANZ Business Plat and the regulat ANZ Plat would it stack, resulting in 100% SP earn? or just stay at 50? Do benefits double?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:08 pm

Hi again.

If I acquired the ANZ Business Plat and the regulat ANZ Plat would it stack, resulting in 100% SP earn? or just stay at 50? Do benefits double?
Not sure if stack. Would need to read the T&C's.

Though no benefit in stacking. As extra SP will be wasted as can use that many non metal SP. Eg Elite 60% must be on AirNZ Metal so and extra 50% takes you to 90%. Or if you earn 66% from metal the card will take you the rest of the way.

Get one ANZ card. Then another card which you actually use which has SP earn to get the few extra SP through CC earn and has a better APD earn rate. Or another credit card link to a different scheme if APD not important. A Kiwibank card can be handle for buying APD for Elite APD Upgrades.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Not sure if stack. Would need to read the T&C's.

Though no benefit in stacking. As extra SP will be wasted as can use that many non metal SP. Eg Elite 60% must be on AirNZ Metal so and extra 50% takes you to 90%. Or if you earn 66% from metal the card will take you the rest of the way.

Get one ANZ card. Then another card which you actually use which has SP earn to get the few extra SP through CC earn and has a better APD earn rate. Or another credit card link to a different scheme if APD not important. A Kiwibank card can be handle for buying APD for Elite APD Upgrades.
I will not be using either cards at all. The benefit is 50% more every flight. Thank you for the advice 🙂
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:59 pm

Hi again.

Looks like no based on the Air NZ page:

Irrespective of the number of ANZ Airpoints credit card accounts you have, the maximum amount ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum and/or ANZ Visa Business Airpoints cardholders can receive is a 50% bonus Status Points on top of Status Points earned on qualifying flights^.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.