Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ in-seat AC power wattage?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Question Air NZ in-seat AC power wattage?

Curious if anyone might be able to confirm the maximum wattage for the in-seat AC power plugs is on Air NZ 777 / 787 aircraft? I know some airlines run 150W while others only do 75W.

Couldn't find anything on the Air NZ site and my current laptop charger will almost certainly be too much (140W), looking to buy a lower power adapter for it.

Any advice appreciated, cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

was able to get hold of someone at Air NZ who confirmed it is maximum 120 Watts
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
A power supply will only draw the current that is required. I'm not sure why you'd buy a smaller one.

The only downside of having something that grunty that sucks so much power is that when it is doing something GPU intensive and needing extra power it's not going to be able to get it.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately my laptop (MacBook Pro M1) has no way to limit the power draw when it charges, at least to my knowledge. It will always try to get the full 140W and trip the seat power's breaker. Going to try using a 100W USB-C charger instead.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 10:14 pm

MacBook Pros can only charge at 140w using the magsafe cable, when using a USB C charge cable is limited to 100w.
Also some of the cheaper/longer cables can only charge at 60w max.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtv4
MacBook Pros can only charge at 140w using the magsafe cable, when using a USB C charge cable is limited to 100w.
Also some of the cheaper/longer cables can only charge at 60w max.
that is great info, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.