Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ's new electric plane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
[QUOTE=Thai-Kiwi;35800701]It’s a trial / proof of concept. Very likely there were those that doubted the usefulness of the Wright brothers’ efforts back in the day.

Richard Pearse! :-)
Outbound24 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
My takeaway was that it was to learn about electric aircraft operations, before getting bigger passenger ones. There is a lot to learn I would guess.
This is exactly it.

There is nothing in the New Zealand regulations (as yet) on electric aircraft. This proof of concept project also means the regulator has to get a move on so when/if the technology is scalable, you have a framework for operation already in place.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by kryptonjohn
Greenwashing and virtue signalling
NZ will definitely *use* it as that on the marketing side, but as others said, it's useful for learning what/how so they can plan for the future. That said, NZ has an godawful record viz institutional learning, so I'm not convinced they will actually get anything of much use out of this *other* than the marketing ops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.