Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ seat selection Y class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:41 am
Original Poster

AirNZ seat selection Y class

Will preferred seats be free to select once online check-in is available or will I still have to pay to select those seats during check in?

I have a flight in <2months and the bassinet seat is still unoccupied. Wondering if I should take the risk to book it or would I get displaced?

Also would the seat map be a fairly accurate representation of how full the flight is or are there still a good number of people who only select their seats at check in?

This is an international flight AKL-SIN for reference.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by singflier
Will preferred seats be free to select once online check-in is available or will I still have to pay to select those seats during check in?

I have a flight in <2months and the bassinet seat is still unoccupied. Wondering if I should take the risk to book it or would I get displaced?

Also would the seat map be a fairly accurate representation of how full the flight is or are there still a good number of people who only select their seats at check in?

No seat map is no indication of how full the flight is. It only shows people who have selected seats. A lot of people don't select seats and will sit in what they are given by check-in.

Yes if you are in a bassinet seat you can be moved all the way up check-in if someone needs the bassinet.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Preferred seats are first made available to AirNZ's status-holding customers, from around 2 days prior. I can't recall if preferred seating opens for all pax at OLCI (I don't think so), or at the airport (possibly).
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both. I shan't take the risk in that case and wait to see my options at check in
Aurelian likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:16 am
Original Poster

As it turns out, airnz moved us all the way to the back in row 50 although we paid for preferred seating at rows 35 & 36. Row 36 was not sold as skycouch when we booked it. To rebook our same seats they want to take an extra $200 from us although we already paid $160. This is basically theft. Not sure who I can complain to. They changed our seats without even informing us. I only found out as I have been periodically checking as they have moved us once already when they changed the aircraft. First time flying airnz and have been super disappointed with my experience so far.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
As it turns out, airnz moved us all the way to the back in row 50 although we paid for preferred seating at rows 35 & 36. Row 36 was not sold as skycouch when we booked it. To rebook our same seats they want to take an extra $200 from us although we already paid $160. This is basically theft. Not sure who I can complain to. They changed our seats without even informing us. I only found out as I have been periodically checking as they have moved us once already when they changed the aircraft. First time flying airnz and have been super disappointed with my experience so far.
Oh dear.

You can complain here https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/feedback/complaint/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.