Wiki Posts
Search

NZ produces 21 billion litres of milk

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
NZ produces 21 billion litres of milk

But none seems to find its way onto Air NZ's ATRs. They teased me last week with a little tub, but we are back to creamer.
It's illegal to serve creamer for tea (under my rules).
Is this a 'supply chain' excuse? Or is it s sustainability thing?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
But none seems to find its way onto Air NZ's ATRs. They teased me last week with a little tub, but we are back to creamer.
It's illegal to serve creamer for tea (under my rules).
Is this a 'supply chain' excuse? Or is it s sustainability thing?

Neither. It’s AirNZ just profiling you and being annoying. Same as me with nearly every call taking over 2 hours to be answered. Surely that can be the only answer in both of of our situations?!

More seriously, small things such as you’ve reported are just inexplicable…
Old Sep 16, 2023, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Neither. It’s AirNZ just profiling you and being annoying. Same as me with nearly every call taking over 2 hours to be answered. Surely that can be the only answer in both of of our situations?!

More seriously, small things such as you’ve reported are just inexplicable…
It must be a targeted campaign. Like telling me my snack choice today is the Cookie Time Cookie - it has been the Cookie Time Cookie for ten years at least, not just today, but every day for ten years!.
Thanks for bearing with me but I have hit my 800th ride on ATRs and am feeling the pressure.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:41 am

I hated being that guy, but after I accepted tea in 'the cup' phase of the ATR (hot drink) service, to then move to 'the pour' phase and be offered creamer... I proceeded to the 'send it back' phase.

I hoped this would get the message across. Seems small peanuts but it does bug me! I actually asked the f/a about it, and her reasoning was that Meadow Fresh are discontinuing their little tubs.
CHCflyer likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Times like these I'm glad I drink black coffee/tea ... creamer is repugnant stuff.
prp343 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:47 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Can confirm there was plenty of the Meadow Fresh UHT milk 15ml units on my ATR flight today (and in Hotel fridge)....hope they aren't being discontinued!?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
Can confirm there was plenty of the Meadow Fresh UHT milk 15ml units on my ATR flight today (and in Hotel fridge)....hope they aren't being discontinued!?
Seems they are:

We have been advised the 15ml Meadowfresh UHT Milk will be discontinued by our Manufacturer at the End of September 2023. As per the Ministry of Environment Guidelines in the near future.

* These will be available until stock runs out *

Current Expiry: 01/24

https://gilmac.co.nz/uht-milk-tubs-15ml
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I have hit my 800th ride on ATRs and am feeling the pressure.
Ouch! I clicked over 450 flights on an ATR and I already know what you mean :/

Proud to say I am just shy of 900 flights on the Dash 8
Old Sep 17, 2023, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
Ouch! I clicked over 450 flights on an ATR and I already know what you mean :/

Proud to say I am just shy of 900 flights on the Dash 8
I recently flew on a FireFly ATR72 and discovered that comfortable seats are possible on board the aircraft, it is just that the entry level cheap seats are what are fitted as standard.
ATR flight 801 was cancelled this morning due to the planes being scattered by last night's storms. Let's see what is offered tomorrow.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
Why doesn't NZ simply revert to UHT milk on the ATR's? The 1ltr carton. That's what they use on the A320 domestic flights, and they decant it into a milk jug. It's not required to be refrigerated.

Understandably the small single serve UHT milk portions probably are not great for the environment, and add complexity if trying to segregate during onboard rubbish collection, to have any hope of recycling.
drajknox likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by greg23
Why doesn't NZ simply revert to UHT milk on the ATR's? The 1ltr carton. That's what they use on the A320 domestic flights, and they decant it into a milk jug. It's not required to be refrigerated.

Understandably the small single serve UHT milk portions probably are not great for the environment, and add complexity if trying to segregate during onboard rubbish collection, to have any hope of recycling.
Think the carton would be difficult due to no trolley. Haven't flown a turboprop in a while and can't exactly remember the ordering and how they balance it all.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Passport? Check
wallet? Check
noise cancelling headphones? Check

is milk the next travel accessory?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.