Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken BP seats at present

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
After sitting in both Air NZ Business and United Business on my flight to London, I have to say the United Polaris product was so much better.

I was seated in 15L on United so was butted up parallel next to the window which was amazing as could actually see properly out the window without straining my neck! No herringbone/reverse-herringbone configuration there!

I can easily recline my seat straight into a bed without needing any FA assistance or getting up out of my seat. And bonus is that I can actually recline further down (not lie flat) to a position I am actually comfortable with. Unlike the Air NZ one where it has a limit to how far you can recline while sitting in the seat.

Not to mention they have a dedicated business class lounge with a la carte dining too!

​​​​​​
Old May 27, 2023, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
I can easily recline my seat straight into a bed without needing any FA assistance

​​​​​​
Why does this myth keep doing the rounds? Other than in a broken seat when need to do manually, there is no need for cabin crew to help you.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Why does this myth keep doing the rounds? Other than in a broken seat when need to do manually, there is no need for cabin crew to help you.
It's more the fact you have to get out of your seat to make the bed. The other airline you didn't have to get out.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
It's more the fact you have to get out of your seat to make the bed. The other airline you didn't have to get out.
I disagree, if you want to set up the bed nicely you need to standup to get things in place.

Some QF and TG seats you still needed to unroll and lay down the pad/ sheet.

And I have seen cabin crew assist J pax who are unfamiliar with quite how to lay things out. YMMV.
Purplelab likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 9:03 pm

But with the seats the have a nice topper etc going to have to get up anyway to lay out properly.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
He’s making the point that NZ’s business class seats are inferior to almost all major competitors. I agree.
bce1, poopbunny, tr3k and 1 others like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KrisFlyer, AC Aeroplan
I arrived on NZ29 this morning and both 1A and 2A were out of order and marked as such.
Old May 31, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by debh
I arrived on NZ29 this morning and both 1A and 2A were out of order and marked as such.
NZ29 arriving 05:17 on 1 June 2023 used ZK-OKO.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:38 am

In 1K now and the retractable arm rest won't stay down, which sucks because the seat is pretty narrow and that area provided some much needed space when sleeping.

Is there any point in telling FAs? Does NZ have any kind of procedure (or compensation) for seat issues?

P.S. Told the crew, who were apologetic but could not help much. I did "fix" it though by using the mini appetizer fork to finagle the button a bit - hope that holds.

P.P.S. My "fix" lasted till first turbulence. Trying to sleep with the handle taking up 1/4 of the bed (mattress has to be rolled up). This sucks.

Last edited by tr3k; Jun 5, 2023 at 6:17 am
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
But with the seats the have a nice topper etc going to have to get up anyway to lay out properly.
The topper mattress can be placed on the seat once and left there while the seat is moved up or down, between lounging and flat bed positions. So I do not have to commit to only sleeping or only sitting up - change of position can be achieved with just a button press.

These NZ seats are ridiculous.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:38 pm

All of these 'look' far better than any offering, current and planned for AirNZ

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/exper...-taking-flight
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by racekp
All of these 'look' far better than any offering, current and planned for AirNZ

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/exper...-taking-flight

The QF product won't fit in their 787's due to the width
The 77W Emirates product is 2-3-2.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 8:28 pm

I flew on ZK-NZE from ICN this morning, 6K was vacant/out of order
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by SDB22
I flew on ZK-NZE from ICN this morning, 6K was vacant/out of order
NZE was what prompted me to start this thread - 6K was the broken seat when I flew on it weeks ago.
SDB22 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
NZE was what prompted me to start this thread - 6K was the broken seat when I flew on it weeks ago.
Hmm we need a google sheet or something to track it?

Though seems to be, before door close:
* Check can recline
* check table
* check arm rest stays down
Thai-Kiwi, samjnz, sbiddle and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.