Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Status Points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks All for the replies. Lesson learnt.
I guess the next questions is, what is the best way to get 50 SP? On research doing a domestic mileage run it would be tough to do for a reasonable price.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dawgnz
Thanks All for the replies. Lesson learnt.
I guess the next questions is, what is the best way to get 50 SP? On research doing a domestic mileage run it would be tough to do for a reasonable price.
Typically Domestic SP runs are ‘better value’ that International runs. Depending on what for you is a ‘reasonable’ price - bearing in mind your end goal may bring benefits in excess of the costs of that ‘dead-rat swallowing’ domestic flight(s) you need to take! At approx $12/SP it’ll cost $600+ for 50 SP.

You could spend some time and produce a table to calculate the $ cost of a SP (ie $/SP) for the various combinations of fare class and product type for each city pair. The results on buried somewhere on my mac at home. I think for cost effectiveness (lowest $/SP) that:

- FlexiRefund has better $/SP than Seat (offers full refund if weather is bad or plans change)
- Cheaper fares have better $/SP better expensive fares (but you need more flights and waste more time)

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 26, 2023 at 3:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.