Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Can you request certain Booking Classes via phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ *E

Might be a silly question. Looking to retain my elite status, but only low status point earning fares seem available for the business class flights I want.

Does anybody know if you ring Air NZ customer service that they might be able to sell you the higher status point earning seat classes?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:39 am

interesting, I thought choosing the "make your flights flexible" and thus upgrading them from Business Global Saver still has the dummy booking I have at Class D
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by raznz
interesting, I thought choosing the "make your flights flexible" and thus upgrading them from Business Global Saver still has the dummy booking I have at Class D
Ah thank you, I simply never noticed that change of class when selecting this option.

Interestingly, now I am using that option it does not say it will give me extra status points, but when I unselect it, it adds the extra on. Bug in the system.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 0100
Might be a silly question. Looking to retain my elite status, but only low status point earning fares seem available for the business class flights I want.

Does anybody know if you ring Air NZ customer service that they might be able to sell you the higher status point earning seat classes?
Yes, they can do.

I work in the industry and some of my clients also request specific booking classes which I can book in Sabre.
0100 and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:59 am

ah sorry ignore me, im used to other airlines having D as their discount business class and J as the normal, where it's the other way around for NZ

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/what...-booking-class
0100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.