Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognition Upgrades EF Fare Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Recognition Upgrades EF Fare Class

Just would like to confirm that when I use the Experflyer Premium tool, just selecting "Premium Economy & Comp upgrades into Premium Economy (Fare Class A)" is the correct Fare Class for Air NZ? I don't need to check any other fare classes?

For the flight in question I see 7 seats empty in that class which feels like a lot as I thought AKL-LAX was jammed at the moment. So that would be a pretty sure upgrade for a Elite Gold member right?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Shamrock55
Just would like to confirm that when I use the Experflyer Premium tool, just selecting "Premium Economy & Comp upgrades into Premium Economy (Fare Class A)" is the correct Fare Class for Air NZ? I don't need to check any other fare classes?

For the flight in question I see 7 seats empty in that class which feels like a lot as I thought AKL-LAX was jammed at the moment. So that would be a pretty sure upgrade for a Elite Gold member right?
Yes A class is for the Economy to Premium Economy RU.

How far out are you looking?

As to if you will get an upgrade? How long is a piece of string? Are you Gold or Elite? How many Elite lodged RUs or APD Upgrade before you and if you are gold how elite total and how many gold RUed before you? Also people can buy seats right up to t-3h.
Shamrock55 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks. Looking at October.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Shamrock55

R & A do not show in EF.
7 unassigned seats, not necessarily 7 empty seats.
Shamrock55 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
R & A do not show in EF.
Good point I normally go to AirNZ site and see if a group booking for 9 people on the flight or not.
Shamrock55 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
R & A do not show in EF.
A (and X) have a duality as revenue booking classes, so don't they show in expertflyer?

From memory, R has/had a duality with industry travel.
Shamrock55 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Where are you seeing 7 seats free for October? Is that simply 7 seats on the seatmap or 7 seats if you try a booking (ie Air NZ is willing to sell 7 seats still in PE). Both mean different things so for flight that are still some way out I would not hold out hope of the flight not being full.

As A class is also sold as a discount PE class at times this will show on EF and the Air NZ website. Obviously if this is the case an upgrade can be cleared immediately for Elite pax.

On the topic of upgrades there is still hope - while most flights are full at present I had a friend last week who got lucky with 2x BP upgrades and 2x PE upgrades for kids. With half of October being school holidays though it's not a great time to be traveling.
Shamrock55 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

It wasn't 7 empty seats on the seat map, I'm talking about EF's new Upgrade Availability tool which shows 7 seats in class A.

Trying to weigh up a Europe trip in Y via either SIN or LAX on NZ for the first leg so I can use up some recog upgrades while I still can.

I was wondering if I should enter additional fare classes in the "Other fare class" boxes below:

Example result for 11th August.

Surprisingly prices and availability AKL-SIN isn't too bad on some days within the school holiday period.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
I am flying LAX - AKL on Wednesday (31st) NZ3 - EF is showing 4 seats and a dummy booking on ANZ can book 9 J seats.

Wondering if my 2x gold RU's will take me from Y > J. Is it abnormal it hasn't cleared?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mosfet
I am flying LAX - AKL on Wednesday (31st) NZ3 - EF is showing 4 seats and a dummy booking on ANZ can book 9 J seats.

Wondering if my 2x gold RU's will take me from Y > J. Is it abnormal it hasn't cleared?
Gold RUs only clear at T - 7 days at the earliest. If they don't clear at T-7 they typically won't get looked at again until the flight moves to airport control.
mosfet likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mosfet

And to add, EF will only ever show a max of 4 C/D/J/Z for AirNZ. Whereas EF might show 7 or 9 for the biz sub-classes on other carriers.
Presumably this is due to the way AirNZ chooses to release data to the GDS.

I also have 2x Gold RUs lodged and am tracking C/D/J/Z availability for a double RU. I am starting to wonder if simply trying for PE rather than BP is a ‘better bet’, especially since my economy fare is an expensive ‘B’ fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.