Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Call center hold times increasing while on hold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I rang up the call center to be told the hold time is one hour 20 minutes. Every few minutes the time is increasing. I'm now one hour twenty minutes in and it says they hope to answer my call in 2 hours 30 minutes. Has anybody else have this happen to them? I am just being pushed to the back of the line?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bevan7
Hi

I rang up the call center to be told the hold time is one hour 20 minutes. Every few minutes the time is increasing. I'm now one hour twenty minutes in and it says they hope to answer my call in 2 hours 30 minutes. Has anybody else have this happen to them? I am just being pushed to the back of the line?

Thanks in advance
Suspect with borders opening up more people are ringing and due to nature of calls changing the mean call time is changing and the system's math is catching up.

As always generally find Twitter DMs the best. Don't need to wait in a call queue, and once you make it to active DMs replies are fairly timely.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Called this morning to change a booking that couldn't be done online. Wait time for me was 20 minutes. Requested call back and they called back in under 30 minutes
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

So right around 90 minutes on hold (Literally just after they said it would be another 2 hours 30 minutes) I got through. I told the lady about what the system was saying and she said she would pass it on. Good to see NZ opening up again
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Have called three times in three days for different things. Call wait time 30-45 minutes. Offered call back each time after about 5 minutes and called back within 30 mins.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
I get this all the time, although have found it to be very unreliable. Last call I started at a 30min wait time, with it going up in 5min increments for the next half hour until it got to a 80min wait time. But then the call was answered around the 30min mark. Never got the opportunity to apply for a call back.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: QF, NZ, MH, Hilton
Experienced a 60-55-60 minutes last week. Gave up waiting after 5 minutes and as driving past the airport (NSN) made the slight detour and went into the terminal and got my issue sorted quickly face to face without even having to pay for parking.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
The other day it was about 20 minutes.
I've now gone way beyond my previous ever record, 1 hour 14 minutes. I've been an Elite for many years and while I've had the occasional long wait (787 issues, weather disrupts) this is way beyond those. And I only ever call when I can't do it online.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Over two hours on hold Sat morning and then disconnected randomly 😡. Tried again Sunday, offered a call-back which happened after 40mins. All sorted quickly.

I am a non-premium NZ customer (but *G).
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Significant weather disrupts this afternoon and evening wouldn't have helped.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador, Qantas Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
Two hours twenty this afternoon with no answer. At least the music was good. I'm Gold Elite and usually my calls would be answered within maximum five minutes. I can't solve this problem online so am stuck with listening to music while I wait.... At this stage I am not even being offered a call back!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by fleet7
Two hours twenty this afternoon with no answer. At least the music was good. I'm Gold Elite and usually my calls would be answered within maximum five minutes. I can't solve this problem online so am stuck with listening to music while I wait.... At this stage I am not even being offered a call back!
Given the Wellington fog today I am no surprised for the long queue.

Even if you can't do it via the web site you can do most things through a Twitter DM.

Also can call centre staff work from home or like most businesses are they down staff at the moment?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Best time to call ?

Any time of the day better or worse for calling ?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit

Also can call centre staff work from home or like most businesses are they down staff at the moment?
During one of the Auckland level 3s the agent told me she was at home so I can’t imagine it would be any different now. Though they might still be down staff if people are sick (rather than at home we’ll but just needing to isolate).

I’ve found ever since the new “intelligent” voice recognition phone system rolled out wait times have been worse.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:36 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
A week ago I found it easier to go talk to staff at Wellington Airport. No queue's and just a short drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.