Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling Flexi Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand
Cancelling Flexi Bookings

Just wondering if I have missed something regarding being able to cancel Fully Flexi fares online. It's sooo super frustrating having to ring the helpline and get them to sort something that can usually be done online.

I initially thought it was because one of my International legs was on QF out to LDH, but even my domestic flexi bookings are unable to be cancelled online.

Just seems weird at a time you would think they would want to deter people from ringing them.

Last edited by HighFlyingKiwi; Jan 24, 2022 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Were the bookings paid for using credits? That is an issue that has come up before.

I've had no issues canceling online or in the app flexirefund bookings paid with cash or airpoints dollars.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Were the bookings paid for using credits?
No, just normal AMEX payment. Its just so super weird. The CSA this afternoon didnt have a answer for me, and said that having a QF leg on the booking should not make a difference in regards to being able to cancel it online. I'm getting pretty over having to ring them everytime I need to cancel something. It's rather time consuming.

Sitting down tonight and booking next months travel, so will I will be interested to see whether the ability to cancel online is there again.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
I'm getting pretty over having to ring them everytime I need to cancel something. It's rather time consuming.
Just Twitter DM or WhatsApp them.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I've found it is flights which a booked using credits which could have been booked and cancelled a few times are the Flexi Fares I am unable to cancel on line or App. Also if the flight has had an operational change, this appears to move the ability to cancel on line. Agree it could be a whole lot better 2 years into this. hAving to ring in and hold is a waste of their time and ours, with more important pressing matters.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Once a Flexi has been amended (prior to the day of travel), say by a date change for the same fare, then that used to remove the ability to make further changes on the app, and a call was needed.

Experienced this on paid fares and using credits.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:48 am
Original Poster

All the bookings I have been struggling to cancel online have all been paid using Credit Card, and have not been amended. Its just so strange, as there should not be any reason I cannot cancel it online.

I usually know well in advance all my travel plans, and book well ahead, pretty much always on a Flexi Ticket in case I need to change it around. I have managed to speak to someone in the Air NZ Tech Department and they have acknowledged this shouldn't be happening and are looking into it for me. Hoping they can rectify the issue.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.