Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

AIRNZ Dreamliner Vaccine centre "jabaseat"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/air-new-zealand-holds-vaccine-centre-in-boeing-787-for-super-saturday/SLFV6KGX75XKFINDAMATQ2Q2EQ/
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:58 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Brilliant - 'Sold out' in 5 hours apparently.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: NZ *G
So much for not meeting anyone outside your bubble in an enclosed space. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great gimmick for Air NZ, but …..

Maybe I’m just a grinch after 8 weeks of lockdown.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by gratn
So much for not meeting anyone outside your bubble in an enclosed space. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great gimmick for Air NZ, but …..

Given these people would have had to go to a chemist or vax center anyway it's not as if they're making a unnecessary outing. In a way it might even be safer given the air con onboard should be running which from what airlines over the last 18 months have told us includes the hepa filter.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
How many airpoints and status points for the jabaseat flight?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
The people who are able to sign up for the "Jabaseat" opportunity won't just get their first round of the Pfizer vaccine. They will also get a tour of Air New Zealand's hangar, complimentary snacks and drinks served by Air New Zealand crew members and a commemorative boarding pass.
According to a statement released by the airline, the once-of-a-kind offering is open to anyone in the Auckland area who is eligible for a vaccine, hasn't gotten one already and is able to sign up through the national Air New Zealand portal. Once they have registered for their jab, they will see "Air New Zealand Jabaseat" listed as a potential clinic.
There's zero charge for the vaccine or the experience, although customers able to book the "Jabaseat" will be responsible for getting to and from the airport themselves.
"Everyone across the motu (islands) has a role to play to protect Aotearoa/New Zealand against COVID-19 by getting vaccinated, and we're calling for a massive collective effort to make this happen," Tamati Sheppard-Wipiiti, Group Manager of Equity for the Ministry of Health's COVID-19 Vaccine and Immunization Program, said in a press statement.
New Zealand isn't the only destination offering Covid vaccines in unusual places as a way to motivate more people to sign up.
In New York City, some people were able to get their shots underneath the famous blue whale at the American Museum of Natural History, while in Sweden some lucky Stockholmers signed up to get vaccinated in the Nobel Prize Banquet Hall.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by gratn

I was a grinch after just 2 weeks!

(Hence I got the hell out of there!)
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I was a grinch after just 2 weeks!

(Hence I got the hell out of there!)
In which direction did you flee the AKL lockdown?! Asking for a friend
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
In which direction did you flee the AKL lockdown?! Asking for a friend
The Australian direction. Not the jail/fine direction
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.