Wiki Posts
Search

WLG-KKE & KKE-WLG direct!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
WLG-KKE & KKE-WLG direct!

Seems to have been very quiet launch as I can't find anything mentioned about it in press releases or news, but from 13th September you can book direct flights between WLG and KKE letting you avoid the transit in Auckland.

Suspect this is to avoid having to transit in Level 4 Auckland but interested in why they haven't also done this for Whangarei.

I also wonder whether this route is temporary or whether this becomes permanent to encourage more growth on the domestic sectors!
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Saw a number of news stories about it yesterday. It's only temporary for a few weeks.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:48 pm

Once AKL is back to Lvl2 the flight will be stopped.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:50 pm

The above came out in an email from Air NZ yesterday. Whilst Auckland is at Level 3 or 4, you can't transit via Auckland from a level 2 to level 2 area for holiday travel. These flights are basically the only way in/out if traveling for a holiday.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:43 am

No surprise here... WLG-KKE will become almost double daily.

Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Surprised they have not implemented a WRE-WLG service over this time as well. I would be picking quite a few WRE people are travelling up to KKE to take advantage of these direct flights.

The daily direct 1900D flights between WLG-WRE were popular back in the day, albeit rather pricey.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
Surprised they have not implemented a WRE-WLG service over this time as well. I would be picking quite a few WRE people are travelling up to KKE to take advantage of these direct flights.

The daily direct 1900D flights between WLG-WRE were popular back in the day, albeit rather pricey.
Looks like WRE-WLG has also been added. For now it'll be a single daily service on the Q300.

This is in addition to the WLG-KKE flight that is now double daily (on most days).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by henrus
Looks like WRE-WLG has also been added. For now it'll be a single daily service on the Q300.

This is in addition to the WLG-KKE flight that is now double daily (on most days).
They added a second daily WRE-WLG as well.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:27 am

Programs: NZ Koru
And just as these services were starting to pickup, Northland goes back to level 3.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
It was great while it lasted. Made a massive difference for a long weekend we did. I wish they'd retain them. I'd go to Northland a lot more (disease permitting).
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:58 pm

And they are back from Wednesday until at least 2 November.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Considering Auckland has at least 4 more weeks at L3 (unless the roadmap changes again) hopefully they'll be extended!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.