Credit card benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Credit card benefits

I like the head start and the 50% discount
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Beano

I like the head start
Yup . . .
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
With the downward pressure on interchange rates (and regulation that the govt has already promised) I don't think anybody should get too excited about credit card offers.

Some of those also seem like incredibly strange things to be offering in a survey. I mean who wouldn't love to get Gold or Elite just on credit card spend - but any airline offering that is just stupid.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 4:06 pm

What does a business need to do to offer credit cards? Could AirNZ be looking to offer their own & cutting out the banks, or is that not possible with regulations etc?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by yourethegoose
What does a business need to do to offer credit cards? Could AirNZ be looking to offer their own & cutting out the banks, or is that not possible with regulations etc?
They already do, they offer an AMEX AirPoints branded card.
yourethegoose likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
They already do, they offer an AMEX AirPoints branded card.
And the card they do through Kiwibank.

Will want to partner, as need the scale to run a fraud team, have to ties to financial networks for settlement, paying bills, etc.
yourethegoose likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:31 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by yourethegoose
There is a huge amount of financial services legislation they would need to comply with as an issuer. Much simpler to partner with a bank or other financial institution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.