Wiki Posts
Search

Airpoints - Survey May 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Airpoints - Survey May 2021

Anyone else get the earning status points / air-points survey today?

Seems to be allot of questions around how many SP/AP per dollar spent would make you change credit cards.

Wonder if there is another round of credit card earning shack up coming?

The 1APD / $40NZD would be nice, but surely that option is never going to happen.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Credit card earn can only decrease, not increase. Labour have promised to regulate interchange rates.

I'm not sure how you think APD1 per NZD40 could ever happen. Retailers would be up in arms in MSF rates increased by that much to fund it!
Old May 8, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
As an elite, SP earn from credit cards right now I think for most isn't really the issue and isn't making or breaking the status for many. The issue is that you still need 810 SP from flying alone, and getting that from domestic flights is very difficult.
Old May 12, 2021, 1:20 am

News today confirmed that interchange is going to be regulated (read: effectively halved) so I’d expect the APD earn to at least halve.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by codyc1515
News today confirmed that interchange is going to be regulated (read: effectively halved) so I’d expect the APD earn to at least halve.
Westpac have already reduced their earn rate this year. My Personal Airpoints World MasterCard went to 75/225 from 65/225 and work Airpoints for Business card went from 75/225 to 85/225. I easily put 10K per month on my cards so the earn from these has been very much relied on since April 2020.

Westpac have also put a maximum $60,000 per month spend on CreditCards for earn. Anything over that amount does not earn.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by codyc1515
While it may be used as an excuse what would really affect profitability of credit cards for banks would be regulation of interest rates that was recently discussed in Australia. Halving loyalty earn would mean banks would probably struggle to maintain and effectively market as many card types and may also need to lower fees to attract customers to ‘elite’ cards.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:49 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Westpac have already reduced their earn rate this year. My Personal Airpoints World MasterCard went to 75/225 from 65/225 and work Airpoints for Business card went from 75/225 to 85/225. I easily put 10K per month on my cards so the earn from these has been very much relied on since April 2020.

Westpac have also put a maximum $60,000 per month spend on CreditCards for earn. Anything over that amount does not earn.
Also the removal of APD/SP earn from IRD Payments.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Probable removal or reduction of airpoints/SP

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Also the removal of APD/SP earn from IRD Payments.
that would reduce the number of Gold and Elite members after we have used the two banked years Airnz recently gave us (even though we may not have needed it) and the one bank year the Westpac inducement had when the BNZ lost the Airpoints credit card !
Old May 19, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Is the regulation of interchange rates likely to impact on credit card Status Points earn rates?
Old May 19, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Not if competition is fierce enough. Look at Australia, some of their cards are better than what we have, and they are regulated, so I don't know why people think this will have a big impact on us either. Competition talks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.