Wiki Posts
Search

Koru Hour?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Koru Hour?

Is KoruHour still happening? My CHC-AKL flight tonight matched all the requirements published by NZ. Yet it wasn’t offers, and no reason given.

When booking my flight last week, it was marked as an KoruHour service.

Just flew NZ562 CHC-AKL, tonight which just an cookie or chips with tea or coffee.

Koru Hour flights

Our Koru Hour flights offer additional snack and drink choices. New Zealand wines, premium beers, cider, L&P and Coca Cola No Sugar are added to your beverage choice, served with cheese and crackers or a savoury snack.

Koru Hour flights are clearly labelled when booking online. They're A320 jet flights between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown, with a scheduled flight time of more than 50 minutes, departing Monday to Friday between 4:35pm and 7:05pm, except public holidays.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/dome...ares#koru-hour
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:39 am

Programs: NZ *E
i dont think koru hour returns until 18th Jan, shouldn’t have been advertised as koru hour if this is the case. Or perhaps the onboard manager didn’t have their liquor license
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
I had koru hour on 10 December from WLG to AKL.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ace86
i dont think koru hour returns until 18th Jan, shouldn’t have been advertised as koru hour if this is the case. Or perhaps the onboard manager didn’t have their liquor license
That may of been the case the crew all seem very ‘new’ to the a320. It felt like an ex 777 crew pool trying to operate a320 service.

Although you would have though they could of still offered the soft drinks and cheese an crackers onboard.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Soft drinks and cheese all require catering. It's not just the booze.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
That may of been the case the crew all seem very ‘new’ to the a320. It felt like an ex 777 crew pool trying to operate a320 service.

Although you would have though they could of still offered the soft drinks and cheese an crackers onboard.
No covid redundant ex 777 or 787 crew are currently working on A320. Some will be hired next week on fixed term contracts, training is weeks away. If you had just asked the crew ‘why no koru hour?’ I’m sure they would have informed you why instead of making things up like “the crew all seem very ‘new’ to the a320. It felt like an ex 777 crew pool trying to operate a320 service.”
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
I had a Koru hour flight this morning - I am sure AirNZ could come up with a more suitable breakfast pre-packaged snack than a Cookie Time cookie. I suspect most people don't really want to snack on one these at 6:45am.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
I had a Koru hour flight this morning - I am sure AirNZ could come up with a more suitable breakfast pre-packaged snack than a Cookie Time cookie. I suspect most people don't really want to snack on one these at 6:45am.
tell them your thoughts then. ‘Suspect’ isn’t a fact, I have noticed a lot of people do accept the cookie on morning flights - they could save it for later. Morning koru hour flights used to be a muffin or granola bites etc.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Some years ago I recall having a yoghurt with granola added on my morning Koru Hour flight CHC-AKL.
And who can forget the three grapes with their cheese and crackers?
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:39 pm

Food... AND beverage service. Don't tell Siouxsie!
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by codyc1515
actually I am with her on this - and having sat a seat away from someone who clearly had a cold was not impressed with a fellow traveller - removed mask to take water
samyoull likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:26 pm

actually I am with her on this - and having sat a seat away from someone who clearly had a cold was not impressed with a fellow traveller - removed mask to take water
If the rule is mask on domestic flight,s should be mask on for the entire flight and no food etc.

The domestic flights in Dec 2020 was 81.5% vs 85.7% Dec 2019, so the flights are getting full again.

Guess from next month going to have to do some manual compares back to 2019 in the NZX filings to see how they are going.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Same, I'm not sure why NZ are bothering really – would be an easy to justify cost cut on their end too.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by codyc1515
I've ever see people never take so long to eat there corn chips, on my last flight it felt like the crew embraced it by giving every one two packets.

My recent JQ flights I've see them sell so much food recently, I think they might be befitting from face masks as people are willing to pay the $$ to remove them. Maybe NZ will introduce on board sales next?
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
But the rule is in many ways a joke anyway - unless the Govt enforce wearing masks in the terminal as well (like Australia), it seems rather pointless just making it mandatory on the plane.

Security screening and boarding all involve close contacts where aerosol spread could easily occur.
codyc1515 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.