Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Hold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Fare Hold

I am wondering if anyone has used the Fare Hold facility of late?

I have only ever used it for international fares in the past and recall receiving reminders the hold expires in 'x days' or 'x hours'.

This week I used the facility for 2 domestic trips, but no reminders.

Any experiences?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Used it a few times whilst waiting for family members to decide on schedules- at $1 it gives additional flexibility over buying and then cancelling a Flexidate.

The ‘hold’ Lasts for 3 days. The $1 fee shows up on the ticket receipt forever after.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Oct 8, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Is it even worth using at present when you get full flexibility for all domestic tickets for changes and credits?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:26 pm

I have used it to use some credits. Got an email at the hold time, then just feed into the credit system. Worked fine. All the emails I got after that were linked with the the credits.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Is it even worth using at present when you get full flexibilityfor all domestic tickets for changes and credits?
This doesn’t cover increases in fare difference though. Fare hold does.
NZ_Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.