Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airpoints Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by mmonster
what exactly are these? The only thing that I know is status points head start but I appreciate there are a lot that I do not know ;p

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/stat...nts-head-start
Wasn't there also parental leave?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
The reality is AIRNZ is currently just a limited domestic/regional airline a huge change from the pre-covid situation of full international reach. The airpoints programme remains structured to the pre-covid time and thus not reflective of the new situation. AIRNZ needs to be nimble and adaptive in making changes to the programme.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
There are previously announced enhancements that were deferred due to Covid-19 - hopefully still going ahead.
The list looked quite different from the previously indicated enhancements . . . .
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Don't know if this is a pointer to the future AIRNZ but am gold in A3 and they have just changed accrual rates. Have dropped accrual rates a bit for the lowest fare classes but large increases for the higher fare classes with 300% in the case of Biz.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Interestingly focus group was run by an Australian company Telmy, based in Melbourne, Air NZ did not even buy local! What is even worse, $150 payment in a voucher is only redeemable in Oz retail and online outlets! giftpay.com.au valid for 3 years though so who knows!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
34 SP Wlg to Akl

NZ is currently getting those level of fares for seat, checked bag and max 23 SCs.
Looking at the WLG to AKL for tommorow
You can gain 34 SP but the flight cost is a eye watering $468 one way
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Beano
Looking at the WLG to AKL for tommorow
You can gain 34 SP but the flight cost is a eye watering $468 one way
With the change in alert levels, NZ is again selling higher fare classes.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Given the radical change in the NZ network in the recent and foreseeable future, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if NZ extended status again, for another 12m. Would anticipate that announcement coming in early 2021 rather than now.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
With the change in alert levels, NZ is again selling higher fare classes.
The fare pricing is also very dynamic at the moment, especially for flights within the next couple of days before departure. I’m seen prices change an couple of times in an hour recently, when booking last minute trips.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Given the radical change in the NZ network in the recent and foreseeable future, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if NZ extended status again, for another 12m. Would anticipate that announcement coming in early 2021 rather than now.
That would be welcome to those of us in North America who have absolutely no chance to retain status or use the upgrades, given it is impossible for us to even fly on NZ right now.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I take the opposite view. I'd be very surprised to see just a generic status extension for everybody.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I take the opposite view. I'd be very surprised to see just a generic status extension for everybody.
An targeted approach seems more likely, e.g. members living outside of New Zealand (especially Australia).

Then maybe an 2021 target scheme, pitched on domestic travel. Example would be an short-term status bonus, maybe lower fresh hold to retain your status until the end of 2021.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Lots of people will have status into 2022 already with the extension.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Lots of people will have status into 2022 already with the extension.
By the soft land to Gold from Elite? Only people who would have it into 2022 would be the people who year ended in Jan-Mar.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by SeaProf
That would be welcome to those of us in North America who have absolutely no chance to retain status or use the upgrades, given it is impossible for us to even fly on NZ right now.
What about us living in Australia who are not allowed to leave the country and have no Star Alliance flights domestically? I am even tempted to take the single NZ flight I am allowed to take from Sydney to Norfolk Island and be locked away for 8 days on the island until the next flight. I would be very frustrated if NZ did not take care of this situation.
SeaProf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.