Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Kiwibank Airpoints Credit Card monthly earn missing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 1:37 am
Original Poster

For obvious reasons, I haven’t checked my Airpoints statement for a while. I just checked today and noticed I haven’t had an entry for Monthly Earn since 16th March. I should have had two since then (around 16th April & 16th May). 90% of my transactions go through my Kiwibank Airpoints Platinum Credit Card and there are lots of entries from New World & Z.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old May 20, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: Airpoints
I'm with ANZ. I am getting my monthly earn for Airpoints and Status points.
Old May 20, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by Erasmus III
For obvious reasons, I haven’t checked my Airpoints statement for a while. I just checked today and noticed I haven’t had an entry for Monthly Earn since 16th March. I should have had two since then (around 16th April & 16th May). 90% of my transactions go through my Kiwibank Airpoints Platinum Credit Card and there are lots of entries from New World & Z.

Kiwibank here, now on the platinum visa after the involuntary swap from MasterCard My April air points and status points posted as normal on the 24th, but I’m a few days shy of my May statement, so can’t tell yet. Have you been switched to Visa, or are you still using the MasterCard?
Old May 20, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I’m with Westpac. Got my March and April. May is due around end of the week.
Old May 20, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Airpoints and status points

Westpac points are coming through ok
Old May 20, 2020, 2:19 am
Ged

I'm with Kiwibank - also switched to VISA from the Mastercard they previously issued. All mine appearing on the statement as normal
Old May 20, 2020, 2:35 am
Original Poster

I got switched over to the VISA a few months ago.
i think I’ll message Kiwibank to see what’s going on.
Old May 20, 2020, 2:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G

I just checked and nothing posted to my airpoints account since March (and I have had 2 statements since then). Also with Kiwibank and switched to Visa. Let us know how you get on.
Old May 20, 2020, 2:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I just checked my cc statements online at Kiwibank and the last 2 months, since being changed to visa, the statements show 0.00 ‘status points earned in your card this month’ and 0.00 ‘airpoints dollars earned on your card this month’. Hmmmmm......... about to go off and secure mail them.
Old May 20, 2020, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ottiehund
I just checked my cc statements online at Kiwibank and the last 2 months, since being changed to visa, the statements show 0.00 ‘status points earned in your card this month’ and 0.00 ‘airpoints dollars earned on your card this month’. Hmmmmm......... about to go off and secure mail them.
I just checked my April & May statements and they’re the same as yours. I had a fairly sizeable refund (~12k) from Air New Zealand in April, so I wonder if that’s messed things up? I‘ve messaged Kiwibank too.
Old May 20, 2020, 3:09 am

Big credit on credit card

I just checked my April & May statements and they’re the same as yours. I had a fairly sizeable refund (~12k) from Air New Zealand in April, so I wonder if that’s messed things up? I‘ve messaged Kiwibank too.
What happens with a big credit ?
Do the status points and the airpoints reverse the original entry ?..IE negative or no earn till you spend the $12k credit .
Does the credit card cash refund the refund ?
Old May 20, 2020, 3:10 am

That is Spooky, I had a $12k refund from NZ on my last statement!

Nevertheless there was still a balance payable so should have been some earn.

I also noticed they seem to have processed the refunds as ‘payments’ so maybe they won’t impact and net off against other spending?
Old May 20, 2020, 3:16 am

Refund ...big refunds

Originally Posted by ottiehund
That is Spooky, I had a $12k refund from NZ on my last statement!

Nevertheless there was still a balance payable so should have been some earn.

I also noticed they seem to have processed the refunds as ‘payments’ so maybe they won’t impact and net off against other spending?
Posting as a receipt rather than a credit will be good.
My refund is also $12k Airnz must have been holding millions of dollars on these cancelled flights!
Old May 20, 2020, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Beano
What happens with a big credit ?
Do the status points and the airpoints reverse the original entry ?..IE negative or no earn till you spend the $12k credit .
Does the credit card cash refund the refund ?
I had my credit paid out to my bank account, and it shows as being a ‘payment reversal’. I expect the description is not reflective of how it is actually treated by the accountants however and that this will be the root of the problem.

I guess it is reasonable to expect a reversal of points earned on the original spend. My travel insurance was refunded on my previous statement so that might also account for that.

I expected to see a reversal on my airpoints statement, which hasn’t happened, so perhaps Beano’s suggestion is just what is happening, no further airpoints credits until the refund amount is ‘spent’.

Last edited by ottiehund; May 20, 2020 at 3:22 am
Old May 20, 2020, 3:50 pm

I'm with kiwibank and had been converted to Visa in Feb. Mar & Apr posted fine and then a got alot of credits in the past month so had a credit balance for basicially the entire month of May. May statement had 0 SP & AP earn on the basis I was spending the credits which had already earned SP & AP on the original purchases. If your spend exceeds credits then most definately should expect some earn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.