Wiki Posts
Search

LAX connection Q

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
LAX connection Q

First time flying back to lhr from sfo this morning using air new zealand hopefully someone else has done this and knows an answer.

We're using alaska to connect from SFO (tickets bought on NZ stock) and they haven't printed our onward boarding passes for Lax-Lhr here at sfo and said we need to get them printed at Lax. Does anyone know if I can do that airside (maybe at the star lounge) or am I going to have to leave and re-clear security ? We're flying business and star gold if it helps.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Depending on the terminal you land sg you can walk and stay airside right through to TBIT and have passes printed in the lounge.

Watch carefully for signage though.

Did this on Friday last week and previously many times from T7
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that helps a lot. Coming in to T5 so can use the underground tunnels and T4 bridge to get to TBIT airside so not having to do security will help a lot. Not entirely sure why NZ are using Alaska and not United as a *A partner to do the connection but that's one of lifes little mysteries
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Jacksong
First time flying back to lhr from sfo this morning using air new zealand hopefully someone else has done this and knows an answer.

We're using alaska to connect from SFO (tickets bought on NZ stock) and they haven't printed our onward boarding passes for Lax-Lhr here at sfo and said we need to get them printed at Lax. Does anyone know if I can do that airside (maybe at the star lounge) or am I going to have to leave and re-clear security ? We're flying business and star gold if it helps.

Thanks in advance.
I do it all the time flying Alaska from Seattle connecting to NZ. The Lounge always prints my boarding passes for me.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Not entirely sure why NZ are using Alaska and not United as a *A partner to do the connection but that's one of lifes little mysteries
Air NZ partner with AS, DL and UA. It means it offers the best connection options so you're not tied solely to UA who are pretty poor for many areas.

Air NZ are pretty picky about boarding passes and will typically only accept boarding passes they have printed for travel.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

The downside of them using Alaska is that my our bags didn't receive priority tagging so we're now sat waiting at the luggage carosel! First world problems I guess.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
The downside of them using Alaska is that my our bags didn't receive priority tagging so we're now sat waiting at the luggage carousel! First world problems I guess.
Alaska doesn't use priority tags at all anymore. They have some sort of delivery within 20 minutes guarantee or you get extra points. But that only works within their network, not when they hand the bags over to another carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.