Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

AirNZ Domestic FF seats - are they always exclusive for FFs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints

So I was on the NZ635 to ZQN recently and I was placed on seat 4A as a last minute, before boarding seat change. I am only halfway towards silver (as I am a student that is in no means a frequent traveller), do they often place non FFs on these seats?
thanks
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:34 pm

If there are empty seats up front and the back is full yes they will put others in them. They don't stop selling to non FF people when all the non FF seats are sold. They stop when the plane is full.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
could've been for weight issues
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Slightly OTT, but I was flying Finnair last week on a few legs Asia to Europe and intra Europe, and in their larger planes the loading was fascinating. The three flights on large planes all had very light loads, i was travelling y. The front cabin was very empty and lots of empty seats (and quite a few rows), while the back cabin was packed. Presumably the front cabin was reserved for those paying to select seats and status (I got great seats thanks to OWE). it sure made for a better flying experience for me but not some much for the poor people in the back. It was a very obvious difference

Not sure if NZ does the same on longhaul flights in Y? i.e. keep the font part of Y freeer on light loads?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints
thanks, that seems unfair for the frequent flyers though, consider it's most likely that people checking in at the airport gets those seats, which usually are tourists with massive carry-on baggage
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Noobmaster69
thanks, that seems unfair for the frequent flyers though, consider it's most likely that people checking in at the airport gets those seats, which usually are tourists with massive carry-on baggage
FF can select the FF seats at the time of booking.
Save weight and balance they will try and fill the non FF seats first.as if watch the seat map from t-24h you can see if full up back to front mostly and people checkin online

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.