Wiki Posts
Search

Wgtn Domestic Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
No guests Wellington

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
I took it to mean no guests at all for anyone regardless of status - everyone who approached with guests were being refused - and I was there 4 hours so I got to see a lot!

The smaller lounge down by Gate 14? is much nicer ambiance if you an get a seat (same crappy food and drink options).
I wonder if this no guest will applies to everyone all day and every day till Xmas ?
this could affect thousands of guest
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beano
I wonder if this no guest will applies to everyone all day and every day till Xmas ?
this could affect thousands of guest
Well the temp lounges aren't getting bigger. NZ has a monopoly so don't see less people traveling with them. So until the refrub is complete this will be the case for peak times at least.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:41 pm

I used the temporary lounge close to G14 on Sunday. It’s not too bad. People walk past windows both sides but comfortable. I’d say seating for 40-50. For breakfast there was fruit, yoghurt, cereal, toast, quiche and croissants.The quiche was very nice and hot. There was barista coffee with friendly/fast service. There were views of tarmac and planes - see photos.

kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:38 am

Location: Wellington/Dunedin/Auckland/Africa/Pacific Islands/Geneva
Programs: NZ*E
Glad summer is over. I recall catching flights from the G12-15 lounge area and it was often incredibly hot!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Having used both pop-up lounges and the regional lounge in early morning peak period flights on separate days, the least crowded was the regional lounge. Just need to allow a few more minutes for security.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:54 pm

Was in Wellington a couple of weeks ago, started in the main temp lounge but moved to the one by gate 14 after about 10 minutes. Spent 20-30 mins there and then got told it was closing and to go to the main one again (flight was delayed 1.5 hours). Had to leave my cider there, and the main lounge didn't even stock it!!!!!

First world problems but what they've done with the temp lounges is pretty grim. Not really what you expect if you rack up the miles and spend $$ on either airfares or Koru. Oh well...
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:15 pm

Hi, what's the food like in the Regional Lounge? It's the full buffet right? thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by gcnz02
Hi, what's the food like in the Regional Lounge? It's the full buffet right? thanks.
I was there this morning for breakfast. For hot food, it's quite limited - just two bain maries with Kransky sausages, scrambled eggs and baked beans.
On top of that, there's some healthier stuff and pastries (which bizarrely are on the front of the coffee counter, not with the rest of the food).

It is a very pleasant space though, with some lovely views across the public lounge towards the runway. It feels exactly like a lounge should feel; exclusive, and a bit like you're in on a little secret. Great coffee this morning too :-)
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:37 pm

Great, thanks Erasmus III.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I was looking at the layout of the new lounge last week and can't wait to see it. With the number of different zones in it I get the impression it's going to feel pretty big even though it's the same space reconfigured (well some extra space from the old escalators and entry area).
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I was looking at the layout of the new lounge last week and can't wait to see it. With the number of different zones in it I get the impression it's going to feel pretty big even though it's the same space reconfigured (well some extra space from the old escalators and entry area).
Are there still phone rooms?

How many more seats?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:00 pm

Plan is in their liquor licence application https://wellington.govt.nz/have-your...landkorulounge
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Bugger most of my favorite plane watching spots are media lounge, family zone & business zone
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:28 pm

I'll certainly miss my favourite seat which was the little couch about 1/2 way along the North side overlooking gate the apron between gate 16 and 17. It's amazing how many people I knew loved sitting there as well.
Kiwi Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:40 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Koru Lounge - Wellington

Koru Lounge reopens on 21 December 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.