Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Direct Auckland to Invercargill announced.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Direct Auckland to Invercargill announced.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: NZ*G, AB Gold, Hilton Honours Gold
See the link below for details and concepts of the new project

https://invercargillairport.co.nz/in...t/jet-project/
Jasper2009 likes this.

Last edited by samrajapaksa; Jun 2, 2019 at 12:12 am Reason: Update
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
The info on that link just makes me think they hadn't actually planned for it at all..... bad for a new airport.

Is this yet another case of ICC related entities being poorly managed or governed?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by ottiehund
The info on that link just makes me think they hadn't actually planned for it at all..... bad for a new airport.

Is this yet another case of ICC related entities being poorly managed or governed?
Having meeting/conference rooms to convert into a secure lounge seems like a good use of space until it was needed.

As for the baggage area would be interesting to know when the plans were done / area set aside. Was it planned and not built or just not planned?

Why build something before it's needed?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by nzkarit
..................Why build something before it's needed?
Agreed, but you can design it so that reconfiguration is easy and allowed for. It should have just been a case of 'pushing a button' and it appears to me that isn't the case. After all the Council has been pushing for the return of jet services to Invercargill now for some years. I think there were shortcuts taken when approving the new airport, without too much foresight.

In other words the design should have been future proofed - seems to me it really wasn't and they are 'scrambling' ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.