Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:26 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Beano
Sydney ? Melbourne ? Brisbane ?
Sydney

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Are these the BP-sized blue and white cards? I have a couple I might use in May if they are still good.

Otherwise they can join the stack of cardboard QF and NZ lounge passes that became useless overnight many years ago....
I find them useful because smartgate never works for me in Australia.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I seriously don't think some people at Air NZ who are responsible for things such as this and for writing arrival PA messages actually understand how things work inside some of the airports. The messages used for arrivals into SFO and LAX for example are simply out of date by years. Their messages about who uses kiosks and who needs to use a counter use are simply inaccurate and wrong.
Are they at least accurate for IAH which apparently now has a wildly different arrival process?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: NZ*E
got it today this morning into SYD from AKL, not needed - added to my collection, one day destined for the bin
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by kyanar
Are they at least accurate for IAH which apparently now has a wildly different arrival process?
I stepped off in IAH last week to a shambles. Random queues, no explanation of US or non US queues...and to top it off no APEC lane.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Markhm

I stepped off in IAH last week to a shambles. Random queues, no explanation of US or non US queues...and to top it off no APEC lane.
I just stepped off one. Shouty lady yelling "Air New Zealand passengers that way, Global Entry that way"

Turns out apparently US passports and Air New Zealand passengers are treated the same way now.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
They seem to be back on NZ101 this morning, although there is only 4 passengers in J so that might be why everyone got one.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:19 am

NZ135 25/12, Express Path card handed out with arrival cards for BP pax - only one of the BP cabins was half full though, the other was totally empty. Ended up not using it as BNE pax throughput was so low, you could clear passport control in 30 seconds flat without it. APEC holders dumped in regular lane.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:51 pm

New data point 855 this morning, got one. Didn't need it as was 18mim from wheels down to landside, 10min from door open.
Not even sure where the express lanes would be at MEL arrivals.

Really wish WLG would have it for arrivals as if not at front of plane for the first flight in the wave it is a bad day.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by nzkarit
New data point 855 this morning, got one. Didn't need it as was 18mim from wheels down to landside, 10min from door open.
Not even sure where the express lanes would be at MEL arrivals.

Really wish WLG would have it for arrivals as if not at front of plane for the first flight in the wave it is a bad day.
Plus another data point: got one the other day, but had to ask, and seemed to precipitate everyone in BP then getting them. Something was muttered by FSM about them being phased out - hmm, that’s why the system was in full force upon landing? Worth noting that while immigration express benefits may be minimal, the same card gets you a fast track through customs express path system where available, which can mean a significant queue skip going into Aussie airport customs....
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC:E - NZ:G-E - Virgin Australia: G - Hilton:G- AF:blue
The end of the Express Arrival card in Sydney

A customs agent told me today the program will be removed in Sydney. It will remain for now in Brisbane and Melbourne, but he was not aware for how long.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That's annoying. Smartgate doesn't work for me in Australia so I always use express line at immigration on arrival (with the appropriate card).
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Had one last month into BNE and boy did I need it. Arrival at 08.30 and the queues were huge to get out - maybe 300. I had to fight through miles of snaking lines to get to the express path - only about 20 in that line, probably because no one could find it. It's either horrendous or empty with Aus arrivals for me.
And off topic but I'm finding the Australian sliding e-gate machines are now kinking the page near the spine (British passport) making it unreadable every time. Slap-it-on-the-reader machines in NZ work fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.