Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple status points on flights to AU

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I have credited nothing to NZ for over 4 years. The domestic flights (and 2 TT) I have done since returning to NZ in Jan have all been booked as a guest user using my TG *G details (ie not using my AP profile). I have loaded these flights into the AirNZ app once they are booked (only after I became satifisfied this didnt disrupt my TG*G details).

I have no real idea why NZ would target me with double Airpoints, other than updating my profile in the past couple of months, and some travel from the family members in Shairpoints where I am the ‘prime’ account.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have credited nothing to NZ for over 4 years. The domestic flights (and 2 TT) I have done since returning to NZ in Jan have all been booked as a guest user using my TG *G details (ie not using my AP profile). I have loaded these flights into the AirNZ app once they are booked (only after I became satifisfied this didnt disrupt my TG*G details).

I have no real idea why NZ would target me with double Airpoints, other than updating my profile in the past couple of months, and some travel from the family members in Shairpoints where I am the ‘prime’ account.
I wonder if it is the updating of your profile ?
​​​​
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I’m Elite. Had quite a few TT’s last year but none this year on NZ. Could also be that I’ve got it in my profile that I’m a QF member (and they could be targeting those who also have a QF membership in light of the recent DSC offer from QF). Who knows really.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Yay-ish.
Had an email today offering triple airpoints on petrol purchase at Z. Somehow not quite as appealing as the status offer.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by macdo
Yay-ish.
Had an email today offering triple airpoints on petrol purchase at Z. Somehow not quite as appealing as the status offer.
World's biggest scam!

I don't actually know why anybody would willingly earn Airpoints at Z. You don't get an instant 6cpl discount which is the industry norm now across all petrol chains, you only get APD. If you use Flybuys you get 6cpl off + Flybuys points.

The triple points promo only gives you the equivalent back in APD as you would with a 6cpl fuel discount, so you don't gain anything from the promo - but it is at least better than the regular Airpoints deal there which actually leaves you out of pocket.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:19 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by macdo
Yay-ish.
Me too!

With Subject line, ”WLG Base, would 3x AirPoints Dollars get you there quicker?”

What’s the point to the offer anyway? You will need to be buying a lot of petrol to get anywhere fast.

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Region Based

I also got the offer of triple status points. Am regional based so wondering that if there may have they have lost FF in the region's because of the cut in status point earn
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ClanJ
I also got the offer of triple status points. Am regional based so wondering that if there may have they have lost FF in the region's because of the cut in status point earn
Why would NZ lose FFers in regions?! It's not like 99% of people have a choice who to fly with.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Got it ,have traveled TT maybe a dozen times this year. Interesting the offer is to June 2019
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: NZ*E
gutted that I have not got an email. someone else in my household did.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:18 am

I was targeted and booked using the AUSSIEBONUS offer but not get any email acknowledgement nor in Balances > Status Points tab > Potential Status Points from booked flights : Bonus shows 0.

Can anyone else who booked using AUSSIEBONUS also confirm the Bonus shows 0?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by poopbunny
I was targeted and booked using the AUSSIEBONUS offer but not get any email acknowledgement nor in Balances > Status Points tab > Potential Status Points from booked flights : Bonus shows 0.

Also shows zero, i'd imagine it may take awhile to update.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: NZ*G

I booked a return flight WLG-SYD and the bonus points showed up in my Air NZ app immediately. My flat mate however booked to Perth last night and his aren’t showing up. He was concerned so called Air NZ who said it was showing in their system and to give it a few days to update.

Last edited by MaestroNZ; Aug 21, 2018 at 2:20 pm Reason: Update
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

The total future earning box shows nil bonus because that is airpoints dollars. When looking at each of the bookings, the earnings shows the bonus as status credits, as a separate line. Note only the trans-Tasman leg(s) earn bonus (not connecting domestic flights), and only at the basic rate (no extra for higher fares :td ).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:27 pm

Mine are showing both on app and myairnz now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.