FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Triple status points on flights to AU (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1925449-triple-status-points-flights-au.html)

yotty Aug 15, 18 11:28 pm

Triple status points on flights to AU

Similar to Trumpkin's thread a while back on a targeted email about triple status points on domestic travel, I just received the following:

​​​​​​Kia ora 'Yotty'

Ready to escape the last of those winter blues? With Triple Status Points and flights from just $272 seat one way, now’s the time to get out and enjoy the sunshine in Aussie.

Book any flight to Aussie between 16-21 August 2018, and enter the promo code* AUSSIEBONUS when booking online and earn Triple Status Points when you fly with us.

But hurry, offer ends 11:59pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018.
Anyone else get this? I'm picking I got this as I have gone from 2x flights NZ > AU every month for the past 2 years down to none, as I have recently changed roles.

Not sure if this promo would work for anyone else, as per the T&Cs in the email:

To be eligible the participant must be an Air New Zealand Airpoints™ member who received this email and purchases an Air New Zealand operated flight from New Zealand to Australia (one-way or return) between 16-21 August 2018 for travel between 28 October 2018-30 June 2019. Correct Airpoints membership number and promo code AUSSIEBONUS must be entered at the time of booking to be eligible for Triple Status Points.

Thai-Kiwi Aug 16, 18 12:21 am

I received the same offer, except that it is a double SP offer. Interestingly, havent credited anything to Airpoints for around 4+ years.

Maybe I might start crediting to Airpoints when my TG*G status runs out in Dec 2020....

sbiddle Aug 16, 18 12:55 am

I received it as well.. triple points promo.

Lpmnz Aug 16, 18 1:06 am

I got the same email, triple status points. Tried to book a flight for early October and it doesn’t count!
Ive been commuting Akl-Mel weekly all year but slowing up in October. Wish this had come sooner although I’ll smash elite this year again anyway. Would’ve been nice to bank some for next year

cavemanzk Aug 16, 18 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 30088160)
I received the same offer, except that it is a double SP offer. Interestingly, havent credited anything to Airpoints for around 4+ years.

Maybe I might start crediting to Airpoints when my TG*G status runs out in Dec 2020....

Same mine was double - maybe it was based on your current NZ status? e.g. I've given up on sticking to NZ over the past 12months.

NZ_Flyer Aug 16, 18 1:27 am

Got a triple as well. Booked a return to Sydney I needed to book anyway - paid J. Gets 360 SP at around $3.5/SP as there were Business Sale fares on.

Trumpkin Aug 16, 18 2:44 am

Yotty beat me to posting about this offer. I got the triple one too, possibly as whilst I've been a multi-year Elite, a change in work patterns has seen me soft land to gold and in a few months I'll be back to silver. Whilst I'll miss the status I won't miss being away from home half the year.

Beano Aug 16, 18 4:02 am

Bonus Status Points

Am I the only person who has not been targeted -:(

macdo Aug 16, 18 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 30088554)

Nope :-(

despite a recent change in travel and drop to gold as others have noted

Thai-Kiwi Aug 16, 18 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 30088554)

Not at all - clearly you have been specifically 'non-targeted'! Have I missed a career in Airline PR?

kiwifrequentflyer Aug 16, 18 8:51 am

I was not targeted either. I am Elite and I travel with Air NZ to AUS at least twice a year :/

WLG Base Aug 16, 18 9:30 am

I have been specifically “non-targeted” too.

I’ve travelled to Australia a few times in the last year.

MattNZ Aug 16, 18 3:07 pm

I got the triple status points email as well. Have been elite for 4 years, wasn't looking like hitting the target this year (but do have one banked year). Booked a J return to Sydney which should just tip me over the required amount - thanks to NZ_Flyer for the heads up on J special fares!

brucelee Aug 16, 18 4:08 pm

Got the email. I haven't traveled trans Tasman for over 24 months.

johnnyfive Aug 16, 18 5:22 pm

I got an email offering me double Airpoints, not Status points...