Community
Wiki Posts
Search

789 swapped to 772

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
Very impressive follow-up. 1-2-1 SQ sounds great, but 2006 J product doesn't sound good.

This would be overnight flight for pregnant wife, so it sounds good to avoid since the major issue is for her to be able to get some sleep / stretch out.
the 2006 J product is fine. It's currently deployed on the SIN - CHC sector (changing Jan 19), which I fly frequently. Seat is comfortable, wide and flips down to convert into a bed (somewhat like NZ). the only downside is the narrowing of the foot area to fit snug into the seating space in front however this can be avoided by selecting bulkhead seats, row 11 in SQ numbering. Other downside in that the tv system is a decent sized screen however it is in low definition.

in all a solid option, I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it. You should still get a decent sleep and your pregnant wife my enjoy the wider seat, especially as side sleeping is more comfortable in these seats.
jawnbc likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by boeder
I think we might have a similar situation. We are on NZ91 from AKL to HND on March 24, 2019.

I did have C seats reserved on the 787. Now I am unable to (re)select them or open the seatmap on airnewzealand.co.nz. It still says that it's going to be a 787, but at least on Expertflyer and on CheckMyTrip the seatmap shows the 777-200 configuration.

Also the flight times have been slightly adjusted (only a couple of minutes).

Would you think that this means a change from 787 to a 772?

Thanks!
If it is March 2019 the change I doubt will be Trent related. Could be a demand/seasonal change? AirNZ has only made Trent changes as far out as October 2018.

The the booking engine is still showing a 787, so it could just be a blip in the system. I had a blip like that the other week to Perth. 787 didn't have seat select got in touch via Twitter they said it was 787v2 (and selected the seats for me (they made it sound like they couldn't use their normal interface for seat select as well)), hence why wasn't showing up. Then a few days later seat select showed up and reverted back to a v1.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
I think the 777 NZ J hard product is a bit better, but this version of SQ's J hard product is still very good. Flew this a few months ago SIN IST. Slept very well for 8 hours.

Very impressive follow-up. 1-2-1 SQ sounds great, but 2006 J product doesn't sound good.

This would be overnight flight for pregnant wife, so it sounds good to avoid since the major issue is for her to be able to get some sleep / stretch out.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
The the booking engine is still showing a 787, so it could just be a blip in the system. I had a blip like that the other week to Perth. 787 didn't have seat select got in touch via Twitter they said it was 787v2 (and selected the seats for me (they made it sound like they couldn't use their normal interface for seat select as well)), hence why wasn't showing up. Then a few days later seat select showed up and reverted back to a v1.
Thanks for the great advice. I have contacted NZ via Twitter and got an answer within less than a minute. They were able to assign the seats I wanted. And it's still a 787.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: NZ Koru
The inventory from AKL to HNL for late July to September has all been moved to special 777 that they leased from Boeing.

Has anyone done it in J? Am considering this for my pregnant wife - need a good lie flat business class
Here is an good article by AUSBT explains the J product on the 77E that NZ has leased from SQ - https://www.ausbt.com.au/best-seats-...eing-777-200er
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Here is an good article by AUSBT explains the J product on the 77E that NZ has leased from SQ - https://www.ausbt.com.au/best-seats-...eing-777-200er
Very helpful. We did SIN - IST on a 777-200 for Christmas in 2017 and didn't have major issues with the seat.

Opted for sydney-brisbane-Honolulu on HA since it's less flight time for my wife, but if we need rebook or cancel it's good to know there's a decent, moderately priced option to HNL.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
+1
Better than current AirNZ J product.
much better!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.