Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Upgrading single sector of multi-stop trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru

Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade (pay fare difference) on an multi stop trip? e.g. on AKL-HKG-LHR (stop-over in HKG)? or does the entire AKL-LHR have to be re-ticketed as PE?

The NZ website doesn't work for self upgrading (fare difference) on multi-stop trips.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I thought the stopover is considered a leg so your upgrade would still be counted as twice? Otherwise AKL-LHR would have just been considered one upgrade (but isn’t)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I think OP is simply wanting to pay fare difference Y-PE on one sector rather than 'upgrade' through RU/OneUp/APD (OP?).

I tried a dummy multistep booking (AKL-HKG(stop)-LHR//LHR-AKL), and there is an option stage to pay to travel in a higher class - but only for the whole outbound or whole return (i.e. AKL-HKG-LHR or nothing). So I assume this up-sell to a higher cabin class could also be done afterwards.

You will probably need to make a call.....
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I think OP is simply wanting to pay fare difference Y-PE on one sector rather than 'upgrade' through RU/OneUp/APD (OP?).

I tried a dummy multistep booking (AKL-HKG(stop)-LHR//LHR-AKL), and there is an option stage to pay to travel in a higher class - but only for the whole outbound or whole return (i.e. AKL-HKG-LHR or nothing). So I assume this up-sell to a higher cabin class could also be done afterwards.

You will probably need to make a call.....
Correct is an existing AKL-HKG(stop)-LHR ticket booked in Economy , called NZ this morning apparently you can't just pay the fare difference to upgrade AKL-HKG, you have to pay the fare difference for AKL-HKG-LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.